Advice Request Is Arcadepunks safe?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Is it safe?

• Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I'm concerned

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

Takemaster

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 2, 2017
Hi! There's a site called arcadepunks.com. It has retro game ROMs and Raspberry Pi image downloads. Is it safe? It delivers downloads with Adfly, so I'm concerned about it. Have a nice day!

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
As soon I try to check on any of those download urls/links my VPN starts to scream and immediately block. The site itself also has some very aggressive adds and popups and where those leads to I'm not eager to follow.

Reactions: frogboy

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I agree as I'm already aware of that and more but I'll kindly pass.

doomloader

Mar 31, 2019
When Arcade Punks first started they paid for their hosting, seedboxes and usenet servers with money they raised using adfly and other pop ups - they have since stopped using adfly as Google Adsense now provides a steady stream to run seedboxes, they did a big change on their site and its much better to use now - although you must list them to see the ads - which is fair enough considering they have around 10+ seedboxes to grab your test products.
I recall a post here which shows the actions they have taken to be a much more usable site , and I for one enjoy browsing it :)

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
It still try enforce people to disable their ad-blockers. For example on the site Onlinevideoconverter that action infected visitors. Personal I always avoid sites that ask me to disable security layers.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.