Is Ashampoo WinOptimizer and System Mechanic safe to use?

Which should I use?

• Ashampoo WinOptimizer

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • iolo System Mechanic

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I have used System Mechanic in the past and i saw an improvement on system performance
and i have to say it was better than Wise Care.
What i liked the most is the re-aligning of files in HDD which improved the speed of the system;).
About Ashampoo i can't say anything i haven't used it

L

LabZero

Ashampoo WO is safe, I've never had problems with V10 and V11.

Iolo SM is safe too and in the Pro version offers excellent quality tools: registry cleaner and HDD files realignment for example.

The Free version of ISM is very limited while you can find AWO easily in giveaway (full version).

I voted Iolo SM.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I think those issues were brought before and categorize as snakeoil binds already even its likely those are already fix.

Ashampoo WinOptimizer and System Mechanic from Iolo are already in the primetime even before and available from the corner. Suggest to both test them on VM and see for possible problems.

Last edited:

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
I personally don't use none of this kind of software. I only use Ccleaner. I've never had any issues with it. It works fine for me. I believe the other kind of optimizers will just do more harm than good and are a waste of time or money. I've used Advanded System Care and Tuneup Utilities and a few others and they have all rendered Windows unbootable eventually.

So now, I don't even bother wasting my time on them and believe they just cause more issues than they actually solve. Ccleaner is the only reliable one for me that has never done anything bad like make Windows unbootable or corrupt it.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I agree with kmr1684, tonibalas, Malware Man, & nissimezra, that CCleaner is the most practical choice; but since it is not included amongst the keys you are considering activating, I'll voice how simply having keys for software may not always be in your system's best interest. Therefore, as already put forth by @jamescv7, testing, as well as the polling you are doing here, is a very good method of narrowing your choices for what would be best for you. Listen to the warnings, & be very cautious altering (cleaning) registrys. ..or just don't do it.o_O
Thanks!:D
Edit: Privazer is another software you'd do well to consider.

Last edited:

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Having used both, I can say Ashampoo is safer. System Mechanic would probably break your computer and make watching videos a pain.
System Mechanic made it almost impossible for a youtube video to load properly(though this was back when the default was flash, so I can't say if it will do the same with HTML5).

Ashampoo has a very nice feature called "Live Tuner" (Which I believe works the same way as Process Lasso) that makes using the computer and browsing very smooth.
Like it says on their website:
"Live Tuner focuses all available resources where they are needed in real time. Processor cores, Windows® priorities and resource assignments are automatically adjusted for a smooth working experience."
And it manages to do just that.

That probably the only feature I found really worthwhile in the product, so at that point you're better off using Process Lasso instead.

Between these two products, I would pick Ashampoo.
But if you want to hear my recommendation, here it is.

For free:
Ccleaner and WiseCleaner are both very good and free.

For paid:
Kerish Doctor, it works very well and it also manages to be one of the safest in cleaning the registry I have tried. If you want to use it, I would recommend doing a backup just in case something goes wrong. Over time the product grows accustomed to your computer, giving you recommendations specifically for it.

Edit: Privazer is another software you'd do well to consider.
Yeah. I almost forgot about these one. It's good and whole lot more thorough than the ones already mentioned. But if anyone tries it, try to makes sure you uncheck the registry scan.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
ashampoo worst than the snake oil, just give your email id once that's it they will spam you out for eternity
It isn't and they don't; I've used Ashampoo giveaway products for years. Unsubscribe once and it's immediately done...nary a peep from them. I can also log in to their site and retrieve all my keys and redownload.

I like WinOptimizer; the background defrag is nice if you have platter drives. It isn't reckless in its cleaning either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.