Is baidu antivirus good without avira ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheSuperGeek

Thread author
Hello I want to know if removing avira engine of baidu had decrease detection ?
Thanks.

Reactions: xywcloud

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
:)
In fact, in my test, the contribution of Avira engine are few.
It will have some influence, but not very much.
Another info: In the latest AV-C test, Baidu does not use Avira Engine.

Reactions: TheSuperGeek

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I don't think the Avira engine will do much if you don't have much ram I think you will be fine just disabling it.

Reactions: TheSuperGeek

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Like other implementation of license engine, it contributes minimal additional percentages (signatures/local) unless in-house engine is totally weak which for Baidu is not from observation.

klaken

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
av comparative tests do not take the engine avira.
so you can fill it with confidence.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
The reason that Baidu use Avira engine is because they know that they are new to AV industry therefore their database is not really strong like others, so that's explain why they really needs Avira engine to cover threats in the past and presence.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

klaken

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
Baidu released av forums.

deeler44:Hi I am trying version.5.6.3.179460 and so far not bad on win10 pro ,only bad part so far is sandbox does not work and gives a bsod.
danicis7:at Start the app "Mail" I can not synchronize my email, I jump an error that has not been able to download messages.

davetenay

Level 2
Verified
Jul 31, 2015
Is this thing still developed? I visited their forum yesterday and it is invaded by spam...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.