Advice Request Is Comodo Internet Security Premium better than Windows Defender?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
yes, it's definitely better than Windows Defender
However, I recommend you to use the free version because the premium version just simply adds:
  • 24/7 Malware Removal Support
  • $500.00 Virus Free Guarantee
Free and paid are basically the same for every user, except the paid version includes guarantee when you are infected

The only con of Comodo internet security is it has very poor signatures + the antivirus component may slow down your system
Comodo itself is very light but adding the AV component makes it not as light anymore

I recommend you to use Comodo Firewall (= Comodo internet security free without the AV module) with Cruelsister's settings and a cloud antivirus for better signatures if you want

Nestor

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
I use CIS for about 20 days, it's extremely light on my system, although i keep every component ON (HIPS,Antivirus,Viruscope etc.)Proactive Mode.Not a single conflict until now with Windows or any other programm, it's an excellent choice and IMO the safest.I guess not for someone downloading cracks, torrents or things like that, will sandbox or flag everything.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
It's better because of the advanced protections from HIPS and/or Autocontainment, etc.
It's worse if you compare the AV component to Windows Defender.
So get the best of both: use Comodo Firewall, at CruelSister settings, and use the AV of your choice. Windows Defender is not bad. Or use another AV, as you wish.

Itachi Sempai

Level 2
Verified
Sep 20, 2017
i just dont get why does comodo have AV? i think it would be better if they focused on other products and make it better rather then spent energy on antivirus that does not work well... especially when there are dozens of better antiviruses on the market

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
i just dont get why does comodo have AV? i think it would be better if they focused on other products and make it better rather then spent energy on antivirus that does not work well... especially when there are dozens of better antiviruses on the market
Without AV, Comodo will not be embraced by the masses.

dJim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
they always will add some interesting option to Av in nearly futureim sure their Av will improve alot this year

Reactions: oldschool

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
COMODO recently seem to improved on static detections
Databases are being freqently updated 3-4 times a day r even more from last 6 months after latest AV-Test
GREAT!

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
If a geek sets up Comodo for a novice, it can work.
I put it on my wife's laptop, and so far so good.
But I am talking about a super-novice, the kind that wouldn't even know how to download and install new software, even if they wanted to.
For the more ambitious novices, well, I am afraid there is no known solution...

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
then at the first issue , she will be lost and will call you, so my point is valid.

it is not because a expert military setup a mine field in my garden that i know how to use mines.
Agreed. You need to be on call for troubleshooting issues. But you are probably on call anyways, for other issues, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.