Troubleshoot Is Corsair Cx450m PSU enough?

pauloalex409

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 8, 2014
1st - Hi everyone and Im sorry if im posting this in the wrong forum.

So getting right into it, Im building my own system and I would like to know if this psu is enough for my build:

MOTHERBOARD MSI B150M PRO-VDH
RAM G.SKILL AEGIS 8GB (1X8GB) DDR4-2133MHZ
INTEL CORE I5-6500 3.2GHZ 6MB SK1151

TP-LINK WIRELESS N 300MBPS PCI
MSI RADEON RX 470 GAMING X 4G
TOSHIBA DT01ACA 500GB 7200RPM 32MB SATA III
SSD 2.5" KINGSTON SSDNOW UV400 120GB TLC SATA

Nothing special. Thank you for any help you can provide.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
You are cutting it a bit close especially if you ever want to overclock the gpu. The psu works better at around 50% of their full power. I would get a 550w model to just have the room when the power supply performance drops and it will as years pass.

At default you will use something around 350W without changing anything so a 450 should work. You decide if you can spend the money for the 550w.

Upvote 0

pauloalex409

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 8, 2014
Im not thinking to overclock anything, i thought corsair was a good and trustable choice for a psu and that was the only one available at the moment (from corsair) but I may buy a better one, I only asked because i dont know much about psu. If you can recommend other than corsair im fully opened to it.
Note: Sorry horrible english.

Reactions: SHvFl
Upvote 0

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Im not thinking to overclock anything, i thought corsair was a good and trustable choice for a psu and that was the only one available at the moment (from corsair) but I may buy a better one, I only asked because i dont know much about psu. If you can recommend other than corsair im fully opened to it.
Note: Sorry horrible english.
If you already bought the psu keep it i guess. Without overclock it will 100% work without any issue. If you still want to get a bigger one just list all the models you can buy that have 550W and within your price limit and i will try and figure something out.

Reactions: pauloalex409
Upvote 0

pauloalex409

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 8, 2014
If you already bought the psu keep it i guess. Without overclock it will 100% work without any issue. If you still want to get a bigger one just list all the models you can buy that have 550W and within your price limit and i will try and figure something out.
No, I didnt buy one yet (my awesome english might give that idea) and the budget isnt the problem at all i dont mind waste more money for a worthy psu so if u can just tell me trustable brands and I will buy a 550w if needed.
Once again rip english

Reactions: SHvFl
Upvote 0

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
No, I didnt buy one yet (my awesome english might give that idea) and the budget isnt the problem at all i dont mind waste more money for a worthy psu so if u can just tell me trustable brands and I will buy a 550w if needed.
Once again rip english
Your English is fine dude. Don't worry about it, most of us here are not native English speakers.

Can you get the evga supernova G2 or G3? It's an excellent psu and it comes at 550W.
If you can't it's better to tell me what models the shop you are using has because me trying to guess availability it's hard.

Upvote 0

larry goes to church

Level 3
Verified
Mar 10, 2017
If you're not a computer 'pro' and i use that word sparingly don't overclock.

Moving on, No one will just do the work for you with a straight up yes or no answer or so I assume.

YOu will have to look at each part and calculate the voltage per part and see how much power you need.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.