Is Eset needed if i have Emsisoft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Should i keep 'ESET Smart Security' or Emsisoft Anti-Malware... Or can they both be kept?

1. Which is better
2. Can they be ran together

I like both, but what should i do?

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
U can't kept both, both give great protection. ESS include firewall & EAM doesn't have any. If u want lightness then try ESS. Better choice will be try EAM or ESET first & if u feel comfortable then use it either EAM or ESS.

Reactions: Rahadian Putra

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Really you can use both in RealTime, Both of them are awesome AV & if you adding Emsisoft for its detection than i would say that ESET has improved its detection which i found to be better than Emsisoft.

Really Emsisoft is awesome in terms of AV never tried its firewall.

Edited:
Emsisoft Mamutu (Behavior Blocker) is awesome.
if you want to use both of them in RealTime ask Umbra, He is very experienced in using such kind of combos.

Last edited:

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Yeah, agree, both provide excellent/great protection! Only, ESET is much lighter.

Follow Umbra's directions and you could use them both realtime. However, in my opinion, one of them is enough for daily computing and surfing needs.

Reactions: MrExplorer

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Not necessary. If u have Emisoft , u r done with it, its great and complete antivirus solution. Since u lack firewall in EAM that doesnt mean u have to install a 3rd party firewall. Windows firewall does a great job. A good browser with some security ad-ons would increase ur protection. It only lacks Antispam , which even ESS lacks for metro apps in 8.1. But still i know that our mails will be filtered and sent to us. Just use EAM if ur feeling light with it. Or swith to ESS.

Reactions: ifacedown

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Yeah, agree, both provide excellent/great protection! Only, ESET is much lighter.

Follow Umbra's directions and you could use them both realtime. However, in my opinion, one of them is enough for daily computing and surfing needs.
Where is Umbra's directions?

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
using both together is overkill & not necessary. EAM can do job better then ESET except it's not great at detecting of PUP like ESET :rolleyes:
Online armor also have a free version, u can use that too. Paid version owns files & registry protection & online banking protection ( which is not necessary , it blocks access to unnecessary websites/phishing websites during banking mode ).

Reactions: Rahadian Putra

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Unless you are a reckless user who doesn't pay attention to what you download or don't keep your software updated, one AV and utilizing UAC is all that you will need.
If you are a reckless user then it doesn't make a difference how many security products you have installed, sooner or later you will get infected.

Enjoy!! :D

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
both programs are very good but Eset is lighter you only need one of them to protect the system.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.