Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I had Hard Disk Sentinel Standard a few months back and after checking the hard drive it told that HD health was at 16%:confused:
and it would fail in 35 days:cool:.
Well i am still here and just a week ago i did a format on the HD installing W 8.1 pro:).
Conclusion: i don't trust it.
I asked a friend who repairs pc's and told me that if the health is 16% then the pc shouldn't open at all:confused:
The decision is yours;) Malware Test.
p.s.: Safe- Yes ,Trustworthy- i don't think so
It happened to me as well, suddenly it reported 90% health and after a Short DST health is back to 100%. I only install it when my drives are not performing as they should like random slowdowns and lags uh.. and sudden loss in data.

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
.... slightly off-topic here , but related ...

Backblaze run over 60,000 hard disk drives and publish regular reports on their reliability
including details of make , model and size .... and very interesting reading it is too !

In a "real world" example , a customer recently brought me a laptop that wouldn't boot into windows
and had irreplaceable work related files on it .
And yes .... there were no backups !
I recovered all that he asked for , but 2 days later he remembered a few more files he needed ...
.... too late .... the drive failed completely on the second attempt !

In that particular case , he was simply very lucky .

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.