Is HerdProtect good?...!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marg

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
I just downloaded Herdprotect & hey, A girls got to have fun.:D I ran a scan & it found nothing but, told me to run another scan in 1 hour & 15 minutes. Anyone know whats going on with that.:confused: Also the initial scan recommended for me to reset my web browser & reset my TCP/IP settings.:confused::eek::eek:

Reactions: Cowpipe

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Yes it seems like a more complete hitman pro but that doesn't remove the found threats

Reactions: marg

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Yes it seems like a more complete hitman pro but that doesn't remove the found threats

????? Herdprotect can remove files marked as threat.

You can delete files 1 by 1 on actions menu, or you can activate multi removal

upload_2014-8-9_21-1-41.png

upload_2014-8-9_21-2-41.png

PD: NO real-time doesn't work now

EDIT:

i don't like this software too much useless antivirus engines (like bytehero and all of that garbage), too much false positives.

The false positive control its pretty good in my opinion (disabling fp protection)

upload_2014-8-9_21-7-4.png

And the knowledgeBase it's ok, maybe need to add some extra information, but it's ok

Reactions: jamescv7 and Ink

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Hi @marg

The "scan again in an hour" message is a bit of a mystery and I'm not sure why they put that, it doesn't hurt to do as it says but it won't hurt you not to do another scan either if you so choose :)

As for resetting your TCP/IP settings, you should only do this if you're having connectivity issues (difficulty connecting to the internet), again I'm not sure why it would ask you to do this if it hasn't found any evidence of browser hijackers and such. I wouldn't recommend doing it personally if you're not experiencing any connection issues ;)

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
Because herdProtect is completely cloud based, it sends numerous unknown files to the cloud with each scan, so it can analyse them further. They ask you to run another scan later because hP might find malware among the unknown files. :)

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
So yes is a better and free hitman pro

hitmanpro it's diferent, i think herdprotect doesn't scan registry.

Hitmanpro own scan it's better vs "police virus"
Herdprotect own engine it's better vs pup.

Hi @marg

The "scan again in an hour" message is a bit of a mystery and I'm not sure why they put that, it doesn't hurt to do as it says but it won't hurt you not to do another scan either if you so choose :)

As for resetting your TCP/IP settings, you should only do this if you're having connectivity issues (difficulty connecting to the internet), again I'm not sure why it would ask you to do this if it hasn't found any evidence of browser hijackers and such. I wouldn't recommend doing it personally if you're not experiencing any connection issues ;)

You need to run another scan if Herdprotect need to upload files in the cloud, because (i think) their infrastructure is slow(68 av need too much time)

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
It's like a downloadable VirusTotal Scanner...
But better:

hxxps://www.virustotal.com/es/file/601b7067a56c29b9ed575025aa20fadbbe28621cb5dbfaeafacaf93f8ab835d3/analysis/
SHA256:601b7067a56c29b9ed575025aa20fadbbe28621cb5dbfaeafacaf93f8ab835d3
Nombre:pricePeepInstaller.exe
Detecciones:15 / 53
Fecha de análisis:2014-07-28 10:25:19 UTC ( hace 1 semana, 5 días )

hxxp://www.herdprotect.com/pricepeepinstaller.exe-3a59bc8e01e60dc6dcd02ae93f65d1052fc6ff49.aspx

Analysis
Scanner detections: 16 / 68
Explanation: May bundle potentially unwanted software during setup with minimal user consent.
Analysis date: 8/9/2014 5:49:23 PM UTC (today)

Explanation mark the diference.

look this:

hxxp://www.herdprotect.com/softonicdownloader_for_realtek-hd-audio-drivers.exe-9f9604193001d3569dedb25f2e5baddcd0811574.aspx

marg

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
Hi @marg

Thanks Cowpipe.. I am getting my normal speed & I checked & all is fine there. I do have a fairly new router box that includes WiFi but, I just have a phone line connection & maybe its detecting that.:confused: 360 TS detected that as well but, I don't have WiFi.

marg

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
it is good but the "false positive" is an issue with this product.
I just ran a scan in 1 hour & 15 minutes like Herdprotect said to do. Results are my PC is clean.:) No false positives & it seems to do the job as a second opinion scanner. MBam & Hitman Pro found zip as well.:D Herdprotect looks like a keeper for now.:):)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Reactions: marg

marg

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
I just ran another Herdprotect scan this morning. I did not get the message to run another scan in one hour & 15 minutes like the initial scan. The program seems OK at present with no slowdowns. :)

Ajay123

Level 2
Verified
Nov 12, 2014
Hello Guys,
I would like to know about HerdProtect. How is it??...Can i use it as an ondemand scanner along with MBAM and HitmanPRo??.
Thank you.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.