I plan on buying HMPA today after trying the trial. I really liked it, but I know there are other alternatives such as MBAE and heimdal pro. Do you think I am making the right choice? Or do you think MBAE or heimdal is better? If so why?

shmu26

Level 83
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
HMPA is much stronger protection than MBAE, in many ways.
Heimdal is heavy on the system, and besides their software updater (there are plenty of ways to do that besides Heimdal), it doesn't offer very much anti-exploit protection

askmark

Level 12
Verified
I've bought it and use it on my main PC. No slowdowns, barely notice it's even there. I'm just happy in the knowledge it's protecting me.

Also the Devs are very quick to respond to any bugs/incompatbilities and releasing beta's. Be warned though if you use software with similar functionality (EMET, MBAE, BitDefender's ATC) you are more likely to get problems.

If you are a gamer, then you might want to look elsewhere as the Anti-Piracy methods used by games can trigger HMPA because they use similar techniques to malware.

I've bought it and use it on my main PC. No slowdowns, barely notice it's even there. I'm just happy in the knowledge it's protecting me.

Also the Devs are very quick to respond to any bugs/incompatbilities and releasing beta's. Be warned though if you use software with similar functionality (EMET, MBAE, BitDefender's ATC) you are more likely to get problems.

If you are a gamer, then you might want to look elsewhere as the Anti-Piracy methods used by games can trigger HMPA because they use similar techniques to malware.
I play video games but don't get them pirated

jamescv7

Level 61
Verified
Trusted
Yes HMPA is a good choice, no biggy.

The anti-exploit component is not just an ordinary piece software but also works around through hardware to improve better analysis.