Advice Request Is IDM vulnerable?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
It is highly possible that IDM suffers from certain vulnerabilities, however it is unlikely that they can be exploited in a practical scenario. So, as far as the core application of IDM is concernd, I would not worry about that vulnerability.

What I would worry about, is IDM's browser extensions for its integration with browsers like Firefox and Chrome. Those can be much more exploitable in terms of practical scenarios and as such I would recommend they are completely disabled, regardless of their state of development.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In such circumstances, IDM must fixed that in very long time as its an active in development for improving the download manager. There can be many possibilities where a download manager can be vulnerable; like the monitoring feature besides the browser integration.

pneuma1985

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 30, 2015
Thanks for all the responses and for moving my thread to the proper section and giving it the right title ROFL. I've been looking for a good download manger and I do like IDM I've been testing it on my new toshiba I got for free which im stoked about :D I know Dracus had some good alternatives which I'm gonna try on my workstation...

Reactions: DracusNarcrym
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.