Advice Request Is Iobit Malware Fighter safe?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel G

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 21, 2016

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Simple answer: YES
Long answer: YES
Should I use IObit Malware Fighter? Your choice.

VT File Details | Link

Opt-In Offer for Advanced SystemCare
- Checkbox to install
upload_2016-12-4_15-47-13.png

Opt-out Offer Dashlane Password Manager | Link
- Un-checkbox and Skip to "Skip Offer"
upload_2016-12-4_15-47-24.png

Last edited:
W

Wave

It's completely safe as previously mentioned in this thread, there is some misconception about it not working properly or being genuine, but it does come from a genuine company and it does work... Although I would personally go for a different product, even a free one, like Avast Free or even Windows Defender.

Honestly it is your decision on whether you want to use it or not - we as members can only suggest which products you should use based on our own experience with them/favourites - each product may work differently on other systems due to hardware differences (in terms of performance) and every security product has a good and bad day. Therefore, I recommend you use the free version first and if it all works well and you like it then you can upgrade.

The thing I don't like about IObit is that I do not believe there is a free trial to the paid version to test it's paid features first, but only a free version to test those features... Correct me if I am wrong (anyone reading).

You can download the free version from the following link: IObit Malware Fighter, Free Anti-Malware & Trojan Remover - IObit
You can learn more about the premium version from the following link: Buy IObit Malware Fighter PRO for Spyware, Ransomware, Trojan & Malware Removal - IObit

That being said, I believe the paid version uses the Bitdefender engine as well (signatures) for detection, too. Therefore, the detection on the paid version will definitely be improved.

Make sure to watch out for those offers like @Spawn suggested :)

IMO IObit have been pretty quiet recently, I haven't really heard of any news about them for a pretty long time. They had some downs in the past but that is all long ago, they are much better these days. :)

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
The thing I don't like about IObit is that I do not believe there is a free trial to the paid version to test it's paid features first, but only a free version to test those features... Correct me if I am wrong (anyone reading).
That is correct, it does not exist the trial version, anyone interested can look for giveaway deals (usually 6 months) and then decide on the purchase. This is also true for other Iobit Pro version's products.

P

PEllis

It's completely safe as previously mentioned in this thread, there is some misconception about it not working properly or being genuine, but it does come from a genuine company and it does work... Although I would personally go for a different product, even a free one, like Avast Free or even Windows Defender.

Honestly it is your decision on whether you want to use it or not - we as members can only suggest which products you should use based on our own experience with them/favourites - each product may work differently on other systems due to hardware differences (in terms of performance) and every security product has a good and bad day. Therefore, I recommend you use the free version first and if it all works well and you like it then you can upgrade.

You can download the free version from the following link: IObit Malware Fighter, Free Anti-Malware & Trojan Remover - IObit
You can learn more about the premium version from the following link: Buy IObit Malware Fighter PRO for Spyware, Ransomware, Trojan & Malware Removal - IObit

That being said, I believe the paid version uses the Bitdefender engine as well (signatures) for detection, too. Therefore, the detection on the paid version will definitely be improved.

Make sure to watch out for those offers like @Spawn suggested :)

IMO IObit have been pretty quiet recently, I haven't really heard of any news about them for a pretty long time. They had some downs in the past but that is all long ago, they are much better these days. :)
There is a trial. If you have the free version installed, hover over the Bitdefender engine next to engine status, there should be a "get IObit Malware Fighter Pro for free" option or something along those lines. That option may be also available when uninstalling the program.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
There is a trial. If you have the free version installed, hover over the Bitdefender engine next to engine status, there should be a "get IObit Malware Fighter Pro for free" option or something along those lines. That option may be also available when uninstalling the program.
That's right, thank you! :oops:

Cattura.PNG

W

Wave

Wow! Wasn't expecting so much good feedback! :)

@Wave, so Windows Defender on Windows 10 (or any other version) would be sufficient to fight off Malware like MalwareBytes of Iobit's Malware Fighter?
If you are careful and watch what you are doing then yes, Windows Defender will be sufficient to protect your system. However Avast Free is also very good and can do a good job...

It really depends on how you use your system - if you are not careful and are click-happy then you'll become infected no matter what security software you use (e.g. AV might block something -> you might allow and run anyway).

W

Wave

@Wave - Avast protects against malware/spyware as well? Hum.
I always thought it was just an Antivirus program.
360 Total Security has Bitdefender just like Iobit's Advanced System Care.

Do recall Iobit accused of "copying" from MalwareBytes.
Anti-Virus software these days do not just try to detect and protect you from viruses, but malware instead (malware stands for "malicious software" and a virus is a type of malicious software). They could call themselves Anti-Malware instead, but these days AM products are known for being compatible with each other or second-opinion, and people normally think of Anti-Virus as primary protection software. It's a bit of a mess really, but viruses are not that prevalent anymore and haven't been for awhile, it is more common to find: keyloggers, injectors, ransomware, botnets, backdoors. Malware is more optimised for making money as opposed to just the destruction of someones system these days.

IObit were accused for theft of the Malwarebytes database a very long time (dozens of years ago), and whether it really was true or not (it appeared it was true but I am not working at IObit or Malwarebytes therefore I cannot just claim they were really stealing or not), it is in the past... You can't let it rain forever, we all make mistakes and everyone deserves a second chance. :)

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
IObit were accused for theft of the Malwarebytes database a very long time (dozens of years ago), and whether it really was true or not (it appeared it was true but I am not working at IObit or Malwarebytes therefore I cannot just claim they were really stealing or not), it is in the past... You can't let it rain forever, we all make mistakes and everyone deserves a second chance. :)

It was true. Malwarebytes set a bait for IObit and they took it, proving they were indeed stealing Malwarebytes' definitions.
IObit products aren't worth using in my opinion. Any company which main product is a "PC Booster" crapware doesn't deserve to have their products used, and most of the time, they'll not be as good as others on the market.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
IObit products aren't worth using in my opinion.
In my opinion, your opinion is biased. I have used IObit on and off in the past, some versions skipped, but the latest version of IObit Uninstaller is very good software to use.

FYI, I don't recommend all software by IObit because of user choice and if the software is or not required.

Any company which main product is a "PC Booster" crapware doesn't deserve to have their products used, and most of the time, they'll not be as good as others on the market.
Would you say the same about Piriform, as their main software is CCleaner:
"CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your PC. It protects your privacy and makes your computer faster and more secure!"​

With all PC Optimization software the end user must take caution when cleaning and compacting the Windows Registry.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
In my opinion, your opinion is biased. I have used IObit on and off in the past, some versions skipped, but the latest version of IObit Uninstaller is very good software to use.

FYI, I don't recommend all software by IObit because of user choice and if the software is or not required.

Would you say the same about Piriform, as their main software is CCleaner:
"CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your PC. It protects your privacy and makes your computer faster and more secure!"​

With all PC Optimization software the end user must take caution when cleaning and compacting the Windows Registry.

How would my opinion by biased if I may ask? CCleaner's main selling point is to delete temp files, so it isn't the same as IObit Advanced Care. I also don't really use CCleaner anymore. Whenever I need to make someone clean their temp files, I use TFC (though I'll have to find a replacement soon as it doesn't fully support Windows 8, 8.1 and 10).

Reactions: Oxygen and Svoll
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.