Battle Is it a good combo to replace Avast?

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
If you just want an AV for sigs alone to combine with VS, NVT, CF Avira free is a good choice probably one of the best because you haven't got any zero day protection in Avira free that could conflict with your main zero day protection. But Avira Pro AV has a very good cloud and you can pick it up cheaply. But WD is perfect to team up with some solid zero day protection. If you go into group policy editor and manually change WD settings it becomes an extremely good layer of protection. I did some testing with WD tweaked via GPE last week and I was very surprised at it's protection it was impressive.

Reactions: Captain Awesome

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
Bitdefender already fixed issue with Windows Update a long time ago. I have no issue at all on my 2 PC with Bitdefender Free installed the last 2 Windows updates.
Sadly its not fixed . One month ago it kept breaking Windows Updates. They refunded my money because no fix for it yet.

Reactions: ZeroDay

Nestor

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
Sadly its not fixed . One month ago it kept breaking Windows Updates. They refunded my money because no fix for it yet.
I've be running Bitdefender Internet Security for many years, although I am planning to change it with Kaspersky or SHP. I faced this problem (breaking Windows update) just once, a year before. Since then, no problem.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.