Troubleshoot is it ok to delete this file?

carl fish

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Mar 6, 2012
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
I was wondering if its ok to delete this file without affecting my system
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
n/a
I was wondering if its ok to delete this file without affecting my system, its description is Privazer remover, I was trying out Privazer but I uninstalled it and this file was left over?
1623152951296.png

Solution
Some options:
The main issue with the window that lists all the notification area icons is unused or even uninstalled software can leave entries behind and it can get a bit messy. Although those redundant icons won’t appear in either the main or hidden notification areas, it’s recommended to remove them if there a number of unused entries. There is no way to remove anything through the select icons window and it has to be done manually. Here are 6 ways in which you can do it.

Note: An issue with removing unused notification area icons is they cannot be selectively removed and all have to be deleted at once. This isn’t a major problem as used applications will add their icons back into the area. One thing you do...

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Some options:
The main issue with the window that lists all the notification area icons is unused or even uninstalled software can leave entries behind and it can get a bit messy. Although those redundant icons won’t appear in either the main or hidden notification areas, it’s recommended to remove them if there a number of unused entries. There is no way to remove anything through the select icons window and it has to be done manually. Here are 6 ways in which you can do it.

Note: An issue with removing unused notification area icons is they cannot be selectively removed and all have to be deleted at once. This isn’t a major problem as used applications will add their icons back into the area. One thing you do lose though is the custom setting for icons to be shown or hidden, so you will have to reconfigure the icon settings through the notification window.
I have not used any of these except CCleaner myself... use at your own risk.

Upvote 0
Solution

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.