Is it possible to see when an app was last updated at the Windows store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

notabot

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
What the title says - is there a way to see when an app was last updated at the windows store ? - it would allow to screen out apps that are not frequently patched / may be vulnerable

Reactions: upnorth

Tiny

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 29, 2016
Go to the store app > click on the three dots on the top right hand corner, > click on downloads and updates. = You should be given a list of all your apps and when they were updated.
Annotation 2018-12-11 221036.jpg

notabot

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Go to the store app > click on the three dots on the top right hand corner, > click on downloads and updates. = You should be given a list of all your apps and when they were updated.View attachment 203287

Thanks for this - what about apps which you haven’t installed, eg you see app X and want to check if it’s being actively updated before deciding to install it

Reactions: upnorth

Tiny

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 29, 2016
Ah, now I get you. Sorry, I would have suggested you use wpsnitch. You would just take the url of the app and paste it in there and it'd tell you when last said app was updated, plus some other info. Unfortunately, I am not sure if it works anymore.

Reactions: notabot and upnorth
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.