dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
There used to be a 30-day trial.

The trial was abused.

One cannot blame any company for taking measures against illicit activity.

Strange. How can someone abuse a trial though? After the trial ends, software stops working if not purchased, so how can it be abused? Only if there is no protection or blocking after trial ends and it can be reinstalled. :eek:

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
"AppGuard should be on every Windows system in the world".
I agree with this comment from their website but this indirectly suggests that Appguard is also aimed to consumer users.
I do not want to question their policy about trial versions, but honestly a traditional approach as most of the competitors could be more than positive.

"AppGuard should be on every Windows system in the world".
I agree with this comment from their website but this indirectly suggests that Appguard is also aimed to consumer users.

Nonsense.

The company remains focused on the business, enterprise, government and institutional markets - as always. That is the company's official position.

I do not want to question their policy about trial versions, but honestly a traditional approach as most of the competitors could be more than positive.

There was a 30-day trial up until about 6 or so months ago. It was decided to no longer offer it for a number of valid reasons and I do not see it be offered again.

Reactions: XhenEd

hamo

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014
I have AppGuard 4, though, so I'm not as affected as others wanting to use AppGuard. :)

But if AppGuard 5 gets new development, then my craving for it would definitely grow. :eek:

AppGuard 4 you use is LT, will you (as customer) buy only one year without any discount from the company !! ? and loss LT key?

The company did not give any good offer even for its Current customers for upgrading.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
AppGuard 4 you use is LT, will you (as customer) buy only one year without any discount from the company !! ? and loss LT key?

The company did not give any good offer even for its Current customers for upgrading.
The licensing system definitely is a major factor. I'm actually hoping to win a giveaway if there will be one. :D

I'm excited with the new features that will be introduced in the 5th version, not the pricing. :D

Whats the different between Appguard and software restriction policy?

AppGuard is software restriction policies plus some additional protections.

AppGuard is not pursuing the home user market (consumers). So the company is not going to adopt a sales strategy and policies for the consumer market. The product was made available to the general public for those that wished to purchase it.

We are not going to sell the product like the large antivirus companies sell their product. Sorry, but there it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
AppGuard is software restriction policies plus some additional protections.

AppGuard is not pursuing the home user market (consumers). So the company is not going to adopt a sales strategy and policies for the consumer market. The product was made available to the general public for those that wished to purchase it.

We are not going to sell the product like the large antivirus companies sell their product. Sorry, but there it is.

Thanks for the clarification. So in other words, do you still sell Appguard to home users upon request (even though there's no marketing on it)? Who should I approach to for the purchase?

Thanks for the clarification. So in other words, do you still sell Appguard to home users upon request (even though there's no marketing on it)? Who should I approach to for the purchase?

AppGuard Business is available for purchase on the appguard.us website.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
You can pay for AppGuard Business by the month, so that gives you a chance to try it out for a small fee.
Also, they used to have a 30 day refund policy. when they were still selling year licences for Appguard Personal. They honored the refund for me, without any fuss at all.
You can ask them if they still have this policy.

Reactions: Weebarra and XhenEd

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
Not sure if you guys missed this but I can get a trial of Symantec's enterprise products like SEP and I guess the same could be said for Kaspersky's Enterprise product line as well. I don't see how Appguard is any different.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Not sure if you guys missed this but I can get a trial of Symantec's enterprise products like SEP and I guess the same could be said for Kaspersky's Enterprise product line as well. I don't see how Appguard is any different.
It's their product and they can have whatever policy they wish. On the other hand you are not forced to follow their policy and you can just skip the product. It's not the end of the world.

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
It's their product and they can have whatever policy they wish. On the other hand you are not forced to follow their policy and you can just skip the product. It's not the end of the world.
Yes, I understand that and I have full respect for their decisions that they make. It just that the support logic and such that doesn't add up to me. Some of the other enterprise products that anyone can try can be just as dangerous as Appguard.

Reactions: frogboy and SHvFl

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Yes, I understand that and I have full respect for their decisions that they make. It just that the support logic and such that doesn't add up to me. Some of the other enterprise products that anyone can try can be just as dangerous as Appguard.
The companies that you mentioned though are huge and can easily afford the overhead of a few more users. Appguard team is not so big so they are not easily comparable. I am not saying i like it but i understand where they are coming from.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.