Is it safe to use AdGuard based on Russian laws?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I think the issue of country based is already isolated.

If we are speaking on software itself then yes Adguard is legitimate, they cooperate based on what are available laws for privacy protection.

The issue of 'racist' or whatsoever will never ever end.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Well the OP is banned so I took the initiative to edit the thread title omitting the "Not to be a racist or anything".
Asking about a Russian software and Russian law is the farthest thing from being racist,last time I checked Russian is not a race.
It is not a political issue either in terms of the original question.It becomes political when the politics and politicians from Russia are brought into the discussion.Until this happens it does not violate the forum rules.
Actually a valid question to which @avatar provided an answer.I too believe this was already discussed once before as @avatar mentioned.
I use Adguard & Kaspersky.Kaspersky does have US locations and US citizens working for them.
I am not too worried about getting a visit from the KGB.
Therefore I am going to go out on a limb and say your all good to go ahead and use Adguard.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.