Advice Request Is Malwarebytes AntiMalware 1.75 still supported?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It was supported for about 1 year after Malwarebytes 2.0, but this is what I found:
What does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 ...

NOTE: The reasons to use the newer version include: it has built-in rootkit scanning (1.75 does not); it has a new text parsing engine to address special threats targeted by using configuration files (1.75 does not); and it has built-in Self Protection (1.75 does not). It can also detect and remove some threats that 1.75 cannot because it offers native 64-bit support for 64-bit systems (1.75 does not).
Support for 1.75 will end in several months.
Source: Is there still a way to get 1.75? - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forum

Stay with the latest version.

Razor555

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
Stay with the latest version.

Good point but my thought was to simply use it as scanner and removal tool just...
Anyway I think its already done for already so you can close this new thread...
Anyone is welcomed to answer though and give an opinion.. :)

Reactions: OokamiCreed

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Like other products nowadays, its effeciveness became obsolete when new version is arrive. So as the option is available then why not grab it?

Reactions: OokamiCreed

Evgeny

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 1, 2015
I have v 1.75 and i am still recieving updates for database.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have v 1.75 and i am still recieving updates for database.
Thanks for the information, I prefer MBAM v1 UI better than v2. Corrected title to 1.75. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.