Is Malwarebytes going down the SuperAntispyware route?

Is Malwarebytes going down the SuperAntispyware route?

• Yes

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • No

Votes: 29 85.3%

• Total voters

Tempnexus

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 25, 2015
Is Malwarebytes going downhill just like SAS went?
I recall that few years back SuperAntiSpyware was all the rage, then Malwarebytes came along and SAS started to dwingle away as Malwarebytes grew and took over. Now it appears that Malwarebytes is dying and ZAM is taking over...or am I just drunk?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Tempnexus: Not actually, cause MBAM provide their clearer view that the way of collecting samples are much filtered and rely to focus on most sophisticated threats; they remove any corrupted files that included on their signatures.

Although multi engines have definitely an edge, better both use them in order to clean the overall infected state.

On the other hand Superantispyware, due to numerous issue hence they already behind on progress and tends to be unnecessary and obsolete.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Is Malwarebytes going downhill just like SAS went?
I recall that few years back SuperAntiSpyware was all the rage, then Malwarebytes came along and SAS started to dwingle away as Malwarebytes grew and took over. Now it appears that Malwarebytes is dying and ZAM is taking over...or am I just drunk?

All products come and go. Remember Spybot too? ;)

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I still use MalwareBytes (FREE) with Comodo Internet Security. About ZAM, you can see here how people use crowd mentality. I think HitmanPro is way better.

There is a pattern here, if an AV gets good result everybody will use it, they don't see the overall picture and in a few days or weeks they will use another product.

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Malwarebytes is still relevant with Anti-exploit, Anti-rootkit and the usual malicious website protection in their popular program.(You would know what I am talking about if you ever used Tor ;))

Last edited:

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Malwarehub and forum users aren't a good reference

Watch this:
upload_2016-1-7_10-19-14.png

(this aren't the best reference anyways, but i think it's better)

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
From my experience Malwarebytes Antimalware and Antiexploit isn't going downhill. They steadily go uphill for long time.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I don't think Malwarebytes is really going to go anywhere so I vote no. It's still very effective however in removal testing however, Zemana has impressed me a good bit more so than Malwarebytes does. Not only does Zemana have great removal and multiple engines (more so than even Hitmanpro so in certain situations, it will catch more and remove more), it also has real time. Real time that does take a toll on your system performance while at the same time providing some kind of behavioral (which I haven't had a chance to use so no comment). Malwarebytes real time takes a pretty hefty toll on system performance and it's other feature (web blocking) is far too aggressive.

Just to put it out there, I don't like Zemana due to crowd mentality, it's detection rate, or because I simply don't like Malwarebytes (I do like Malwarebytes products a lot). I've had plenty of time to use each other the tools and Zemana has always outdone Malwarebytes. Now on systems where malware will block you from installing, Malwarebytes would probably be the first one through the door to defend your system. Zemana would be a clean up tool.

Each have their strengths, but Zemana in my eyes is better but could still (as any other product) use more improvements.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well I recon on MalwareTips, Malwarebytes isn't that popular in the Malware Hub anyway. I think Zemana Antimalware is way more popular.

The popularity may also consider as minor factor but as long there are sufficient users used and post problems on their forums then the performance and protection may remain same or improve more.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.