Is My PC Infected?

BearHug

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 9, 2017
@BearHug...are you familiar with the developers of Express VPN? "Suspected Network Sharing Device" could mean alot of things, but if you don't know about your VPN, maybe you could look into the company and find out more. You might feel better at least if you can validate your impressions of the company.

Only reason I say this is because I think I have seen how trusted programs can get away with so much, especially, for example, browser extensions, since they are considered part of the browser. Think I had a BitCoin miner for a short time, but I also think that it was only in memory. I had added NoCoin extension and once I removed that strange behavior ended. Sounds like EVPN is different, being a standalone application, but for a VPN I like to know the company I am dealing with is very well known around the world etc...

Good idea to check for malware too o/c (y)
Thanks for Your Suggestions! But I'd purchased EVPN after research and When I'd connected to is server previously then my ISP was not "Suspected Network Sharing Device".:confused:

Reactions: AtlBo

BearHug

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 9, 2017
You are not infected.Maybe Express VPN set some hidden proxy settings? I'm asking this cuz I found the same problem with Windscribe VPN(it use a windows service call Winhttp web proxy auto-discovery and even if you disable or uninstall the VPN the windows still resolve some IP related to Windscribe VPN) but you can't find it! RogueKiller can fix it. also reset everything related to the internet: Download the new Complete Internet Repair now
Thanks for your valuable suggestions.
I also think the same. I'll definitely try this.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Which browser you're using?
If Firefox - I have go to Tools/Options/Advanced/Network/Settings/and here I have notched: Use system proxy settings, Do not prompt.., and Proxy DNS...

Edit:
Oh yes, you're using Edge... - you have surely some setting like: Use system proxy settings

Last edited:
Reactions: BearHug

BearHug

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 9, 2017
Which browser you're using?
If Firefox - I have go to Tools/Options/Advanced/Network/Settings/and here I have notched: Use system proxy settings, Do not prompt.., and Proxy DNS...

Edit:
Oh yes, you're using Edge... - you have surely some setting like: Use system proxy settings
I use Comodo Dragon but you are right.. It was due to a Proxy Setting!

Reactions: Prorootect

BearHug

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 9, 2017
I scanned My PC with ZAM and it did the Job!:giggle::giggle:
but:unsure::unsure::unsure:.. I'm not sure how this malware came to my PC.. Any Guess?
Scan Result.png

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I use Comodo Dragon but you are right.. It was due to a Proxy Setting!
Yes, thank you!
Ultra Adware Killer (by Carifred.com): Carifred - Windows software
- it has under Malware button - this malware related fix:
Reset IP, Winsock and proxy
... and other fixes too...
- but use with caution, not all problems it found are to delete!

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.