Advice Request Is Nod32 enough?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Hello. After several hours trying to solve my problems in Windows 10 with ESET Smart Security 9 (hangs, freezes...), today i've installed only Nod32 and my computer seems a new one. All is smooth and faster and i have no more problems when i switch between my users accounts (main problem with ESET). So, my question is: what am I losing with Nod32 instead ESET? Is enough with Windows Firewall? Frankly, usability and performance with Nod32 is far better than ESET...

K Atari

Level 2
Verified
Jan 10, 2015
Basically, you're just switching from a full security suite to a standalone antivirus. The most recognizable thing you will be missing is the Eset personal firewall. However, Windows firewall is just fine and is also able to be tweaked. You still have strong protection because Eset is a great antivirus regardless.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
So, my question is: what am I losing with Nod32 instead ESET? Is enough with Windows Firewall?
See the comparison: Compare Windows Products

Extra Features in Smart Security
  • Banking & Payment Protection - Keeps your money safe with a special secured browser for eshops and payment gateways.
    Automatically protects you on Internet banking sites.
  • Anti-Theft - Anti-Theft helps you track and locate your laptop in case it goes missing as a result of a loss or theft.
  • Personal Firewall - Prevent hackers from gaining access to your computer and stay invisible to other users in public Wi-Fi networks.
  • Parental Control - Block unwanted Internet content by categories or individual websites and keep your kids safe online.
  • Antispam - Keep unwanted email off your mailbox with high precision
Using either Nod32 Antivirus or Smart Security, you'll be safe with good browsing habits.

Prey Anti-Theft is an excellent, free and open-source alternate: Prey | Track & find stolen Phones, Tablets and Laptops

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
See the comparison: Compare Windows Products

Extra Features in Smart Security
  • Banking & Payment Protection - Keeps your money safe with a special secured browser for eshops and payment gateways.
    Automatically protects you on Internet banking sites.
  • Anti-Theft - Anti-Theft helps you track and locate your laptop in case it goes missing as a result of a loss or theft.
  • Personal Firewall - Prevent hackers from gaining access to your computer and stay invisible to other users in public Wi-Fi networks.
  • Parental Control - Block unwanted Internet content by categories or individual websites and keep your kids safe online.
  • Antispam - Keep unwanted email off your mailbox with high precision
Using either Nod32 Antivirus or Smart Security, you'll be safe with good browsing habits.

Prey Anti-Theft is an excellent, free and open-source alternate: Prey | Track & find stolen Phones, Tablets and Laptops

Thanks for your reply. Really i never used Anti-Theft, Parental Control or Antispam. Maybe the only i could miss is Banking and Payment Protection.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Thanks for your reply. Really i never used Anti-Theft, Parental Control or Antispam.
Same here, never needed these components.
But since you wont have Eset Firewall maybe you can combine EAV with Comodo firewall or Private Firewall.
Or even you can use Windows Firewall Control by Binisoft.
From my point of view i agree with @exterminator20 that you will be just fine with EAV and Windows Firewall.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Firewall feature will be always a different user perspective at all, its either simple or complex in the configuration as long you will maintain the ruleset at the end of its operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.