Is qihoo 360 trust worthy

HK_21357

Thread author
Nov 2, 2014
avast free av was somethng I used 1st n had some problem with it...so shifted to comodo IS:D...ws ok bt not satified:oops:(der fw is i thnk great)..den I stared using 360 ts with comodo fw...bt lately I hv read abt some backdoor activity:confused: n stuff lyk "dont trust chinese productso_O" so I need some hlp here abt crediblity of the news n if 360 is not good enogh:( den what can I use as an alternative:rolleyes:

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Hello, HK..
First of all, regarding your configuration:
1. You should add at least one on-demand scanner, like HitmanPro & MBAM.
2. You should add the following extensions to your browser: uBlock, WOT & HTTPS Everywhere
3. It's not stated, but if you don't have it, add CCleaner to clear your browsing activity.

Regarding 360, there have been some speculation, but only that. What you mentioned about a backdoor, it came from a chinese company (a competitor), and in China competitors act like that and say this or that about other companies. Its privacy policy is among the best, in my opinion. It seems like I'm defending them but that's because a product isn't bad, just because it's from a specific country. Google is not trustworthy for me, should I distrust every US product? Of course, I don't know what's goin' on in the background, but what I know is that it's a great product that can protect you better than others, free or paid.

Thanks for sharing!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Welcome.

To answer that question, well for the product itself of Qihoo yes it can be a trustworthy product since it has a reputable company of having their antivirus product to be distributed.

It was claimed that if its China then there are many conspiracy and controversy happen in the dark side but again not at all. Sometimes a tactics to backfire other products which such same issues.

Reactions: OneDay

HK_21357

Thread author
Nov 2, 2014
hmm..hitman pro i hv been thnkn abt dat:rolleyes: n extensins..ok bt cclener some bad past experience so dnt prefer cleaning by a third party:) software..

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Just use the Windows built-in clean manager and Chrome's built-in history cleaning feature.. And you're fine!

Kantry123

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
see every Antivirus companies r a privacy risk to everyone bcoz it analyses and send to clouds and process etc.

but basically i don't trust 360 TS as its chinese and also chinese security suits generally spy on us
so i don't prefer it

i like Kaspersky ESEt etc

S

Sr. Normal

hi
I've been using Qihoo for over a year and is the best AV I've ever had , including any payment I enjoyed in Trial version .
Is trustworthy ?,sure note that not long ago we learned that Avast spied us through an extension , Windows has had many cases google , etc.
Take this opportunity to welcome you and remember ... MT can be addictive.
Regards and have a nice day

Reactions: OneDay

HK_21357

Thread author
Nov 2, 2014
MT can be addictive...:eek:..:D.....n wll I get ur pt bt kantry ESET is frm USA which has dis FBI stuff n kasp is from russia which some dnt prefer due to place of orginjst lyk qihoo

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Some type of backup solution
On demand scanner(s) Malwarebytes,Emsisoft Emergency Kit and or ESET Online Scanner
uBlock or ABD + and HTTPS Everywhere in Chrome

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.