Is SecureAPlus good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LasagnaDelRey

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 28, 2018
Is it good? I installed it on one of my old pc and it is really lightweight, even with offline CLAM av, and it find some viruses Qihoo missed. And I was wondering is it safe? How do they have all those antivirus? Thanks guys

LasagnaDelRey

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 28, 2018
It isnt that bad. Its a defautl deny software(antiexe) with cloud av component. They have all the av vendors in there cloud. So not the engines on your pc.

Yeah thats why its lightweight I suppose.. do you think it is worth that I buy their Avira offline addon? Cause it is really fast on my old pc..

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Great Default Deny/Whitelisting + Lockdown Mode... also Interactive Mode! but sending/checking files to multi-engine takes long and usually there is a mismatch or probably delayed signatures between its Cloud UniversalAV (multi-engine) and VirusTotal results... quite confused :unsure:

LasagnaDelRey

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 28, 2018
Great Default Deny/Whitelisting + Lockdown Mode... also Interactive Mode! but sending/checking files to multi-engine takes long and usually there is a mismatch or probably delayed signatures between its Cloud UniversalAV (multi-engine) and VirusTotal results... quite confused :unsure:

For now, cloud uploading was fast for me, maybe I should try to upload some bigger files tho.. haha

Reactions: ZeroDay

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I tried to put it in curiosity once, but I was frustrated by the length of the scan after installation.
Although it is irrelevant to the function, the pop-up UI seen in the screen shot feels the era of Windows XP. It is my personal opinion.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
It's a good anti-exe; the most accessible one I've come across. The multi-engine cloud AV is neat but the signatures are delayed (no information on the delay time frame) and having all those engines increases the probability of false positives. Also the worth of certain engines included are somewhat questionable.
do you think it is worth that I buy their Avira offline addon?
I'd say no. SecureAPlus is designed to be compatible with traditional AVs so if you're wanting Avira's signatures you'd be better off saving your money and installing Avira Free alongside it. (You also benefit from Avira's Protection Cloud which you wouldn't get with the add-on.)

LasagnaDelRey

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 28, 2018
I tried to put it in curiosity once, but I was frustrated by the length of the scan after installation.
Although it is irrelevant to the function, the pop-up UI seen in the screen shot feels the era of Windows XP. It is my personal opinion.

Yeah that whitelisting scan is really long.. and whole program looks kinda vintage hahah

LasagnaDelRey

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 28, 2018
It's a good anti-exe; the most accessible one I've come across. The multi-engine cloud AV is neat but the signatures are delayed (no information on the delay time frame) and having all those engines increases the probability of false positives. Also the worth of certain engines included are somewhat questionable.

I'd say no. SecureAPlus is designed to be compatible with traditional AVs so if you're wanting Avira's signatures you'd be better off saving your money and installing Avira Free alongside it. (You also benefit from Avira's Protection Cloud which you wouldn't get with the add-on.)

Ok, thanks, I will try to install Avira Free and see if my pc can handle both programs.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I have a 50/50Mbs optic fibber connection, and I have been testing many samples in the last weeks with SAP Premium, it was quite slow cheeking on demand files, most of the times for only 1 or 2 malware samples took 2 minutes... I don't want to think if You try an on demand scan over a folder full of files... in general it blocked all the malware files via its whitelisting module...

LockDown + WhiteListing Mode is super! offline engine -> no way (CalmAv) :cry:... there is an Avira offfinle engine Add-on but being Premium user and paying a mouth subscription...

Last edited:

LasagnaDelRey

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 28, 2018
I have a 50/50Mbs optic fibber connection, and I have been testing many samples in the last weeks with SAP Premium, it was quite slow cheeking on demand files, most of the times for only 1 or 2 malware samples took 2 minutes... I don't want to think if You try an on demand scan over a folder full of files... in general it blocked all the malware file due the its whitelisting module...

LockDown + WhiteListing Mode is super! offline engine -> no way (CalmAv) :cry:... there is an Avira engine Ad-on but being Premium user and paying a mouth subscription...

I dont see monthly subscription on their website, they have yearly subscriptions..

Reactions: harlan4096

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Avira Antivirus Engine Add-On for Premium | SecureAPlus

upload_2018-3-4_1-1-21.png

Don't know whether They divided the year subscription here by month :unsure:

Last edited:

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi @jogamode69

Can you post a Screenshot please that show us the detected samples that can false positives

With best Regards
Mops21

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.