Advice Request Is there an ultimate solution for online fingerprinting ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abdallah

Level 1
Thread author
May 3, 2015
I am a bit confused by this term and how it can expose our identity online despite using other privacy solutions !

Any help ?

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You can read how Fingerprinting is even more harder to avoid.
Now sites can fingerprint you online even when you use multiple browsers

There are suggestions to turn off JavaScript and Block Cookies, but I don't know how effective it is, except it may break some websites.

From the Article above:
Fingerprinting isn't automatically bad and, in some cases, offers potential benefits to end users. Banks, for instance, can use it to know that a person logging into an online account isn't using the computer that has been used on every previous visit. Based on that observation, the bank could check with the account holder by phone to make sure the login was legitimate. But fingerprinting also carries sobering privacy concerns.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I'm using ScriptSafe extension. It comes with fingerprint protection features. It's applicable to Chrome and Chromium-based browsers maybe Opera being the exception. Add to it you can also use CanvasFingerprintBlock extension as well. If you want to see some of the fingerprints you can use Chameleon extension.

For Firefox you can use CanvasFingerPrint Blocker.

Abdallah

Level 1
Thread author
May 3, 2015
Thanks all,
I am still reading about the benefits for such solutions as it may make users more unique and identifiable, opposit to its main goal !

Reactions: Deletedmessiah
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.