Is there any conflict between Kaspersky and Cyberghost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Hi everyone,
Is there anyone in this forum install booth Kaspersky and Cyberghost on the same machine? Have you experience any conflict between Kaspersky and Cyberghost? Please share your experience with me :D

Reactions: omidomi

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Hmmm don't see what conflict there could be between 2 different types of software? I have cyberghost and have tried several AV products in the past with it and haven't run into any issues. One thing might be going through kaspersky's firewall settings and allowing the ports that Cyberghost needs to connect to the VPN servers (had issues with that when using online amour and zonealarm free firewall).

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Hi everyone,
Is there anyone in this forum install booth Kaspersky and Cyberghost on the same machine? Have you experience any conflict between Kaspersky and Cyberghost? Please share your experience with me :D
you must add CG to Kaspersky firewall.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I've only had conflicts between Private Internet Access client and AV's. It uses Ruby interpreter and spawns a new tmp file everytime it runs so most AV's don't know what to do with some. Some just block it outright. However Cyberghost isn't like that and I haven't had any compatibility problems while using it for a very very short time. Kaspersky (when I used it very recently) didn't have any conflicts with PIA client so I doubt it will conflict with Cyberghost. Don't hurt to add exclusions though just in case.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
I've only had conflicts between Private Internet Access client and AV's. It uses Ruby interpreter and spawns a new tmp file everytime it runs so most AV's don't know what to do with some. Some just block it outright. However Cyberghost isn't like that and I haven't had any compatibility problems while using it for a very very short time. Kaspersky (when I used it very recently) didn't have any conflicts with PIA client so I doubt it will conflict with Cyberghost. Don't hurt to add exclusions though just in case.

Partly correct, Malware generally uses the spawn of TMP files during infection and like some packers most AV do block it by default.

Reactions: Oxygen

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
You mean if I add Cyberghost as exclusions on Kaspersky, some threats can harm my computer?

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I don't understand the last sentence of @OokamiCreed comment ("Don't hurt to add exclusions though just in case.")

It means it is better to be safe than sorry. Prevent the complication before it happens by adding an exclusion. Although I doubt anything will happen. Kaspersky firewall never interfered with anything when I used it.

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
There is a problem:

If you connect to CyberGhost VPN first and then update the KIS program, the KSN won't work any more.

Reactions: Maxxx58
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.