Advice Request Is there any free AV compatible with Windows Defender?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morvotron

Level 7
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
May i know the reason why you want an Antivirus software to run along with the one provided by Microsoft? Be aware that Windows Defender since Windows 7/8 has been updated as well as external antivirus vendors to work along with themselves. You won't experience crashes though you may experience slow downs at your system.

On Microsoft official web you can see they mention if you install any antimalware software on the OS, Windows Defender/Security Essentials will automatically turn off. I don't really know if it can be turned on, still if it goes off, there must be a reason..

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
According to the support page: Using Windows Defender with SecureAPlus on Windows 10 – SecureAPlus Support Pages, I think maybe you can consider SAP :)
Thanks :) I know that Crystal Security, SecureAplus, Voodooshield, NVT ERP work fine, but thanks for the link, becuause i don´t know how do it.
You can try Immunet, it is made to work with existing security programs, not sure about Windows 10 compatibility. Or a good anti-malware software like Zemana(multi-engine)
Thanks :) I´ll try it, good idea, but Zemana with real time protection is a paid soft, if i´m not wrong
May i know the reason why you want an Antivirus software to run along with the one provided by Microsoft? Be aware that Windows Defender since Windows 7/8 has been updated as well as external antivirus vendors to work along with themselves. You won't experience crashes though you may experience slow downs at your system.On Microsoft official web you can see they mention if you install any antimalware software on the OS, Windows Defender/Security Essentials will automatically turn off. I don't really know if it can be turned on, still if it goes off, there must be a reason..
Thanks :) I really like Windows Defender , but I think still a little below other solutions. I like to "play" with new programs and I have a partition just for this. The VM use the above to "play" with virus and I wanted to try in a real environment the possibilities of Windows Defender. Currently I have it with ERP NVT (do together an excellent defense) but I would like to explore other possibilities

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Hi friends :)
I want know if there are any antivirus that can work with Windows Defender in Windows 10 and that its Real Time protection is compatible with Windows Defender without disabling it. Thanks.

Win Defender + Crystal Security + NVT Exe Radar Pro

I believe to know you prefer a overkill config ! :p

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Immunet or Crystal Security :D
Xvirus personal guard, spyware blaster in addition to the ones above, which are free and provide real-time, but cannot say they disable Windows defender or not.
And now i have a 100% MT config. ;)
Win Defender + Crystal Security + NVT Exe Radar ProI believe to know you prefer a overkill config ! :p
Sure? ... :p Great idea! I could also install a firewall and ... Well, I will start to install MBAE

Xvirus personal Guard and Windows Defender can live toquether

upload_2016-3-8_16-16-12.png

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Xvirus personal guard, spyware blaster in addition to the ones above, which are free and provide real-time, but cannot say they disable Windows defender or not.
It is compatible most antivirus out there. Most second opinions anti-malware should be too like Xvirus, Crystal Security, Secureaplus, zemana pro or malwarebytes pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.