Advice Request Is there any way to erase WD's detection history?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Hello, I am currently using WD with the Configure Defender application. My question is if there is any way to delete the detection logs of the native Windows antivirus. I searched the web and only found this PowerShell command:

Code:
Set-MpPreference -ScanPurgeItemsAfterDelay 3

* 3 is the number of days after which the protection log and items in the log folder will be cleared.

Is there another way? Could you add to the Configure Defender tool an option that sets how long users like me want the threat history to last? Well that's it. Thank you very much in advance. Best regards.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Hello, I am currently using WD with the Configure Defender application. My question is if there is any way to delete the detection logs of the native Windows antivirus. I searched the web and only found this PowerShell command:

Code:
Set-MpPreference -ScanPurgeItemsAfterDelay 3

* 3 is the number of days after which the protection log and items in the log folder will be cleared.

Is there another way? Could you add to the Configure Defender tool an option that sets how long users like me want the threat history to last? Well that's it. Thank you very much in advance. Best regards.

Disk cleanup & Bleachbit will erase it.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Thank you very much. I did the disk cleaning, also passed CCleaner and finally BleachBit only with the option of deleting system registers. I still have the WD history with the detections. Will I be doing anything wrong? I thank you again. Best regards.

Reactions: oldschool

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Thank you very much. I did the disk cleaning, also passed CCleaner and finally BleachBit only with the option of deleting system registers. I still have the WD history with the detections. Will I be doing anything wrong? I thank you again. Best regards.
It doesn't work for me that way either. The only solution that I know of right now is to delete the service folder of this location:

"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service"

You need to disable "Tamper Protection" of WD before being able to remove it and don't forget to turn it on again after.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Hi, thank you very much. With this method only the detections of the WD user interface are deleted. But using a tool like FRST everything is still there. I guess this is just so because Windows is so.:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.