Is this a right policy by Iobit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
I have read in many forums and blogs that people avoid using Iobit products.Is this why they suggest so?Is this right policy by Iobit.

ftj6ef.jpg

Other cleaning tools also connect with internet for update so does iobit,Firewall asked me simultaneously 2 times for asc pro, one time for updates and other time to send data.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Stranger said:
I have read in many forums and blogs that people avoid using Iobit products.Is this why they suggest so?Is this right policy by Iobit.

Many people avoid Iobit products because they were caught stealing the Malwarebytes database. So there's a bit of a trust issue. If they would do something like that, what else would they be willing to do?

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
The right policy by Iobit Would be

1 To Clean up their act

2 Stop Lying to their customers

3 Fix the problems with Protected Folder see here http://malwaretips.com/Thread-IObit-Protected-Folder-Authentication-Bypass

4 Improve the detection of malware

5 Sort out their support

6 Replace the Mods on their fourm with people who know what they are doing

7 Stop stealing other peoples software

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
HeffeD said:
Stranger said:

Many people avoid Iobit products because they were caught stealing the Malwarebytes database. So there's a bit of a trust issue. If they would do something like that, what else would they be willing to do?

People at wilder's bashed the iobit during the incident with mbam database steal and they even suggest to avoid Iobit products

D

Deleted member 178

Many people on Wilders are sheeps, they just follow what the eldest members said without thinking, bashing products or brands without testing them.
(that is just my opinion)

The best case was when in said that EAM is a companion AV, i got some comments that im wrong, that 2 AVs can't run together and create conflicts, blablabla... then i shut their ignorant mouth with the official link from emsisoft. :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Do what most do when they don't like to use certain software. Don't use it.

That time has passed.

Stranger said:
People at wilder's bashed the iobit during the incident with mbam database steal and they even suggest to avoid Iobit products

Please stick to the topic at hand.

Did you read the T&C or Privacy Policy or EULA before installing? Not that any of us do.
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-EULAlyzer-2-2

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Earth said:
Do what most do when they don't like to use certain software. Don't use it.

That time has passed.
Its not using certain software or i dislike iobit products but i myself like asc but the policy of company is not acceptable at all to get user data.
Other thing how many people understand or block asc to send data as most of firewall only shows asc trying to connect to internet and for updates most of them allow it.

Stranger said:

Please stick to the topic at hand.

Did you read the T&C or Privacy Policy or EULA before installing? Not that any of us do.
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-EULAlyzer-2-2

Ok i stick to the topic.
Its not about reading T&C or Eula but the question is why they want their client data,none of the other company with same functional software do this.Do they?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Surely it would be in the EULA or Privacy Policy, not that it's been read. ;)

Do you believe Avira's word, will other Firewalls say show a similar prompt, or just say ASC Pro wants to connect to the Internet?

Example:
What about Microsoft's CEIP, a scheduled task in Windows?

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Earth said:
Surely it would be in the EULA or Privacy Policy, not that it's been read. ;)

Do you believe Avira's word, will other Firewalls say show a similar prompt, or just say ASC Pro wants to connect to the Internet?

Example:
What about Microsoft's CEIP, a scheduled task in Windows?

The main point you make me remember,yes many company ask for data to improve their product but we know we are sending them and the software have option to block sending them data.
You can see this on every av or software they ask user if they wish to send data and just by unchecking you stop software to send data but iobit have nothing such option and they get user data by keeping them in dark

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Could it be for the Beta versions only?

I really don't know the answers, sorry.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Earth said:
Could it be for the Beta versions only?

I really don't know the answers, sorry.

its on stable version i have notice that 6 months before too

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.