Is this overboard ?

AMD1

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2012
Hi,

Just wanted to find out if this configuration is overboard and/or overlapping ?

Live Security :
Main Security Suite : Kaspersky Total Security - default settings
Kasperky Secure Connection
Keyscrambler Premium
NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro V4
Adguard Desktop

On Demand :
Zemana AntiMalware

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 65228

I wouldn't say it is that "overboard" but you likely don't need Keyscrambler Premium for real-time protection because Kaspersky Total Security is more than enough; it's a full suite. It comes with a safe browser which you can use to prevent form-grabber/WebInject interception to the web browser in the case of infection which is typically one of the most important targets for attackers relying on a key-logger. However, if the system is infected then it's already game over and there's no telling if Keyscrambler will even help much, or any of the protection components. Keyscrambler would only be potentially beneficial in the case of infection.

I'd say Keyscrambler would be more useful if you weren't already using a full suite like Kaspersky Total Security... You could also dump Kaspersky Total Security and use NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro for anti-executable as your primarily protection (default-deny).

It just seems that on one side you're aiming for automation and on the other side you're aiming for default-deny/manual. Does the configuration feel heavy at all or lightweight?

If it feels lightweight and doesn't cause any problems and you like it then you may as well keep it but if it feels a bit heavy then I'd drop Keyscrambler and see how it is then.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I would say that KTS/KIS it is enough, but in default settings it is not so strong, if You are not average user, I would enable Interactive Mode and make some tweaks in Application Control...

Also KIS/KTS has a "default deny" mode -> TAM ->Trusted Application Mode.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 65228

It seems to be pretty lightweight but I will take KeyScrambler out of the set-up if this is covered by KTS
System-wide keystroke encryption isn't covered by Kaspersky Total Security but they do have a safe browser which you can use for safe online banking. Your web browser is one of the most critical targets by malware authors because of password credentials being typed there so given this I'd say that KTS is sufficient without KeyScrambler. Not to mention their Application Control component and cloud network, signatures, etc.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.