Is using an Admin account with UAC as secure as LUA?

Thread author
Hello, will i be protected if i use an Administrator account with UAC or i should continue using Limited user account? Will the programs that need an administrator privileges will require approvement from UAC?

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
Limited user account is best compare to Administrator account with UAC but if you know what are you doing than it is ok with Administrator account too.

"Will the programs that need an administrator privileges will require approvement from UAC?"
yes in "Limited user account" with your passward.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
It all depends on the user, if the user knows how to utilized UAC on an Admin account by checking the info before clicking Approve and Deny unknown suspicious prompts, it can be just as effective as a Limited User Account.

If there are more than one user, then it is best to run them on Limited Users Accounts unless you know for sure they know to utilize UAC.

Thanks. :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.