Is using the Admin Account safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParaXY

Level 6
Verified
Mar 14, 2017
I can honestly say using a SUA in Windows 10 with a PIN is awesome! I thought using an SUA account would be frustrating but it's not and having to enter a 4 or 6 digit PIN when I do need admin rights is as painless as it gets.

SUA and a PIN all the way!

Remember, SUA stops 80 to 90% of Malware/infections/etc so it is VERY worthwhile.

V

viel

Thread author
S
Admin Account safe? no way ! gimme a break...
Those saying it is has no clues about basic security principles...they just toy and stockpile security softs expecting what they could achieve just by knowing the basics....
And when they get pawned, they miserably come here crying and say "this security soft suxx, i got infected"
Then i will just reply "told you so"...
Hmm.. What should I do then? Get a SUA? set the UAC to max and smart screen to max?
What if someone has an Admin account with Smartscreen max + UAC max + Malwarebytes + Hitman Pro + Avast (I do not think AV's have anything to do with this but i'll just put it in this post :p)

Thanks. :D

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
It all depends on your level of paranoia. There are no black and white answers.
Some people wear a belt and suspenders, while others go around holding their pants up with their hand. Most people are somewhere in between.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy
V

viel

Thread author
It all depends on your level of paranoia. There are no black and white answers.
Some people wear a belt and suspenders, while others go around holding their pants up with their hand. Most people are somewhere in between.
I am going to do SUA + UAC max + Smartscreen max.. but I am confused with the SUA settings :/ I like to have the best security settings I like to have..

Thanks for the help.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
I am going to do SUA + UAC max + Smartscreen max.. but I am confused with the SUA settings :/ I like to have the best security settings I like to have..
You can't do better unless tweaking the OS itself as i do.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.