Is Your Antivirus Software Spying on You? - Restore Privacy

notabot

Level 15
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
I usually do not reply to this troll comments, but gosh you made me scream out loud here. The fact that you believe that using no security in 2019 makes you -somehow- superior than other users, just reflects how little you know about the attack vectors nowadays. Anyways, I will not cry about it. Thanks to these kind of comments is that many of us have a job :)

To be fair, if someone updates, uses a webviewer for attachments, uses one of the big browsers with Safe browsing & flash blocked, uses mostly apps from windows store, blocks all incoming connections, the chance of infection is indeed tiny. My AV is really collecting dust.
My partner knows nothing about security, she’s just careful, uses web viewers and updates, I’ve installed Sophos on her machine and we have a UTM Firewall at home, they’ve never flagged anything real.

Being careful and safe practices are not to be underestimated.

In Ubuntu the chance of a infection is even smaller as when someone only uses snap apps, they auto update during usage, are sandboxed and also come with an apparmor profile at installation time

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
My partner knows nothing about security, she’s just careful, uses web viewers and updates, I’ve installed Sophos on her machine and we have a UTM Firewall at home, they’ve never flagged anything real.

Being careful and safe practices are not to be underestimated.
My brother too. Unfortunately, most people cannot (and do not like to) be always cautious & careful.:(:unsure:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.