ISP blocking websites?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
For some websites like torrents websites, etc... I am getting -
“Your requested URL has been blocked as per the directions received from Department of Telecommunications, Government of India. Please contact administrator for more information.”

Is ISP blocking websites?
Can public dns servers like Google DNS, etc... solve the issue?

Is this proxy website safe? It works good for me. Dont want to install VPN/Proxy software. Tried Hola, HMS, etc.. extensions but didn't worked for some websites.
Website Proxy

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
A VPN or Web Proxy can bypass these restrictions. I do not think a public DNS would be effective.

Here in the UK, the High Court can order ISP's to block sites that condone piracy. (List of websites blocked in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Users are presented (redirected) to this site instead: LIST OF COURT ORDERS

Here are 2 web proxies from known vendors:
Bookmark TorrentFreak for the latest information.
Minister Asks Indian ISPs to Permanently Block Hundreds of 'Pirate' Sites - TorrentFreak

Reactions: Jack
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I have bookmarked TF.

I tried the web proxy you have mentioned & others too & extensions too but none unblocked all blocked websites here.

Thats why I asked if this web proxy "Website Proxy" is safe? It unblocked all blocked websites here.

Reactions: Logethica

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
ISP can block torrents for sometime and its not a permanent one. I had trouble seeding slipstreamed Win 10 ISO.

Reactions: Logethica

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I have bookmarked TF.

I tried the web proxy you have mentioned & others too & extensions too but none unblocked all blocked websites here.

Thats why I asked if this web proxy "Website Proxy" is safe? It unblocked all blocked websites here.
ISP is able to block your websites even with a proxy? That seems highly unlikely but in any case I think you can try using a VPN which would better encrypt your data, the only way the government can block certain sites then is to block your VPN altogether.

Another way is to use browser extensions, like Zenmate. My ISP blocks certain sites too but I can overcome it with a VPN or Zenmate.
Edit: can confirm that I can also overcome the blocks in my country with proxy

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Never heard of that site, but if it works then use it.

Have you tried to web search and find answers about that site on the Internet? Is "Google" safe? Yes, Google is safe, but can also be dangerous.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
TOR can safely bypassed those blocked websites however with a twist to avoid using Flash Player and Java as IP Address may leak improperly thus nodes may compromised.

You may also try Hotspot Shield as VPN alternative too, that should work and bypass those sites. Everything which design as private should encrypted the anonymous IP address without any issues.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.