Advice Request Issue with file compression.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkJTest

Thread author
Nov 20, 2015
Hello guys, I need our help with Qihoo 360. I decided to try their new function with "file compression".
I got extra 5 GBs of extra space, but after reboot, I received CMD with "File compression undo". Process was in work, but I got issue with electricity, and PC shut down. When it recovered, I have turned on PC again, and process of uncompressing has reloaded. Then electricity gone again, I am decided to run system at the safe mode and remove Qihoo 360. But at the safe mode, undo comression started it's work again. I have killed over 3 hours while waiting for the resuilt. When I got into Windows, I have turned off compression, it rebooted, and process of undo compression has started again. I finished it, but after 3rd reboot I got it again... I coudn't complete this process 3rd time, because we have serious issues caused by winter, and electricity is really unstable. How I can solve problem with slow and repeating undo compression process? I won't like to reinstall my system, because I will lose my active works and game's saves. I hope that we will help me. System is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, at Intel 530 256GB SSD.
Best wishes,
- DarkJoney.
P.S There is any posibility to recover my main account, which was connected with Google+?

Reactions: Der.Reisende

DarkJoney

Level 2
Verified
Aug 6, 2014
Huracan, file corruption occured after 3rd unsuccesful "undo compression".
Yes, I have installation, and I will move this PC to Windows 10. Qihoo worked here before for the last 1.5 year. I will install Kaspersky Free now.
Also, Qihoo's tech support haven't replied yet after 36 hours. I don't know what they are doing.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

It is in BETA and in there terms and conditions that any problems caused by BETA are at the users cost...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.