Solved Issues with certain websites not loading properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLoneWolf527

Thread author
Nov 18, 2013
I'm gonna try to make the background to this as short as possible. So a few days ago, the conduit search product issues that have plagued many people came onto my computer after downloading something from cnet. I was able to get rid of it completely using malwarebytes for the most part, but there were 2 other issues.

1. I kept getting the rundll error on start up and had to delete the backgroundcontainer in the task scheduler library.

2. There were still some settings in Firefox that were off because of it so I had to reset Firefox.

After doing both of these things, none of my web browsers are working as they should. Here are some examples of issues:

1. Dailymotion's age gate (the green button that appears when you try to watch a video labeled mature) isn't clickable, with the word "close" written in regular text appearing in the corner for some reason.

2. Instagram profiles don't load at all and instead just show a blank page as if I clicked New Tab on Firefox.

3. Twitch.tv profiles don't load properly.

4. AOL Mail is just a bunch of text with no images loading and the buttons being all weird.

5. South Park's full episodes give me the button to download flash player, as if I don't have it, when I actually have the latest version.

Now for what I've already done:
- I've already loaded up FireFox in safe mode to find that none of these issues become fixed that way.
- I've reinstalled Flash Player and tried to downgrade and nothing fixed.
- I've reinstalled FireFox, as well as tried to downgrade it and nothing fixed.

I seem to be finding a new problem every day and it's starting to get VERY annoying since I can't seem to find any solution. Does anyone have a clue where I should even start?

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Could be a gradually failing harddrive.

Might try reinstalling Firefox. Run adwCleaner after that. That will tidy things up after CNET spam/grayware, etc.

Upvote 0

TheLoneWolf527

Thread author
Nov 18, 2013
I already have tried reinstalling FireFox and nothing fixed. All the cnet stuff is already gone.

Oh and to add to my original post, I also tried a system restore to before I started deleted anything and these problems were still here. AOL Mail was still working prior to me getting rid of everything

Upvote 0

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Whaty says RSIT: http://en.kioskea.net/download/download-11416-rsit , and PCHunter or PowerTool, please? And your task manager?
Use AdwCleaner: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/ , listen to Gnosis (ZOU) ..
Use too RogueKiller: http://www.adlice.com/softwares/roguekiller/

Too: use RecentFileSeeker.exe - our topic here: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Recent-File-Seeker-NEW-version-search-for-malware

Upvote 0

TheLoneWolf527

Thread author
Nov 18, 2013
I'm not sure if I explained the problem properly so I feel like I should add this:

The conduit issues are gone as far as I know thanks to Malwarebytes, these new problems to me at least appear to be from what I did to get rid of them due to the fact that from what I can tell, they didn't exist until after that.

Or are you guys saying it may just be another issue that I haven't cleared yet?

Upvote 0

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Try another Restore Point, older than the other ..

If you are having issues after MBAM's work, if MBAM did remove something he did not have to remove, apply directly on MBAM forum maybe ..

What are the results of passage of tools above, please ..

PS.
'5. South Park's full episodes give me the button to download flash player, as if I don't have it, when I actually have the latest version.'

It's FAKE Flash update, look on the topic: FAKE Flash Media Player 12 virus distribution: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-FAKE-Flash-Media-Player-12-virus-distribution

Upvote 0
I

illumination

Conduit changes many setting on your system, so even though malwarebytes removed "some of it" you will need to "manually" go through your system files and registry to remove the rest of it.. There are many search results for manually removing conduit..

Upvote 0

TheLoneWolf527

Thread author
Nov 18, 2013
UPDATE

So I took the advice of someone I know to go into msconfig and disable anything that I don't recognized. I disabled Adpeak Proxy and Level Quality Watcher and now my computer's back to normal. I don't know if I'm safe though and am unsure how to remove this from my computer since Malwarebytes clearly didn't get them. Any advice now?

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Check to uninstall the program from the Control Panel, and check your web browser's plugins and extensions.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.