iTrendsNET's Security Confg

Paul Lee

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2014
I agree with what @J Gamez065 has to say. However, I would highly recommend getting some sort or ad blocking software such as uBlock or AdBlock. Furthermore, a good backup would certainly help if you were to suddenly lose the data on your machine. Last option is more personal preference more than anything else: I would personally use Google as the default search engine since you're using Chrome but to each their own. Hey, if you enjoy Bing, more power to you :D

iTrendsNET

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 25, 2013
Thanks to all for your comments.

- Regarding an on demand scanner, I should have clarified that Zemana AntiMalware Premium is set to realtime and also set to run a system scan at 0300 hours each day. Should I update my Config listing to clarify this?

- I did run an ad blocker, but I use several extensions with Gmail such as Hubspot Sales and WiseStamp. It seemed the ad blocker was causing problems for my Gmail extensions so I had to remove it.

- And Paul Lee, yes, I also prefer Google, but I do so much online research for work my "Bing Rewards" pay for most of my Starbucks each week!

- OK, will start doing a manual backup eack week rotating several external drives. Having an SSD is new for me and I do realize that they will not give the tell-tale warning signs that a standard HD will sometimes give prior to data loss.

Last edited:
L

LabZero

Backup and recovey plan is essential to safeguard the pc and or the data that it contains.
You can use Macrium Reflect Free, very reliable, by creating a OS image and saving it on a external drive.
A good backup plan, completely isolated from the machine and from the network, is the best solution against ransomware.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.