System recovery
none

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@ItsReallyMe: please clarify whether You are using MBAM Premium along side EAM both as real-time protection.

Also consider to use additional on demands scanners as Norton Power Eraser.

Reflect any new changes editing Your config and announce them here :)

Thanks for sharing :)

Reactions: ItsReallyMe

ItsReallyMe

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2017
@ItsReallyMe: please clarify whether You are using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium along side EAM both as real-time protection.

Also consider to use additional on demands scanners as Norton Power Eraser.

Reflect any new changes editing Your config and announce them here :)

Thanks for sharing :)
Hi, I uninstalled Malwarebyte premium and now using Malwarebyte's free as an on-demand scanner.
I uninstalled EAM and installed KIS because EAM lacks most of the features I need (Installed EAM on second OS) and also installed Forticlient without Real time!

Reactions: harlan4096

ItsReallyMe

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2017
I only use KTS 2019 now! don't need any other security software!

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
LDoggs recommended advice.

1. Make sure everything is on auto-update. This should include your AV, system utilities & web browser as important focal points.
This also includes but not limited to Microsoft Office, web browser extension(s)/plugins & more
2. Use an AV w/ on demand scanners. I would recommend Windows Defender for the normal home user, or if you are not confident enough you could use something stronger such as Kaspersky Free or Sophos Home Free.
2a. With on demand scanners I would suggest to use Zemana Anti-Malware Free & Emsisoft Emergency Kit.
3. Make sure your passwords are not easily guessable. Make sure they're strong. Alpha-numerical always helps. You can also use a Password Manager such as Keepass or Lastpass.
4. Encrypt everything (optional). Use something like Veracrypt if you wish to encrypt data for security purposes. This is to prevent any thief that's stolen your device(s) from gaining access to critical data.
5. Never ever leave your computer unattended ANYWHERE. Always make sure it's in sight or with you at all times. You never know who might be trying to gain access or steal it.
6. Always look at the URLs of emails which are sent to you. Websites will never ask for you personal details in emails. Never open emails attachments from recipients you do not know or trust. Always look at the spellings of emails too. Professional companies do not tend to have back punctuation & spelling.
7. Browsing habits, always look at the URL before you enter a site. If it looks dodgy or something doesn't look right it most likely isn't. eg; paypail.com, instead of paypal.com
8. Backup is essential to any security setup. Make sure to back up all important & personal data. This can be done weekly or monthly
9. Be careful when downloading software. Most adblocking extension stop this from adverts.
10. Never ever use pirate software or download from pirate sites, 9/10 it'll be virus infected.
11. Never install or download anything you aren't looking for.
12. Extensions I would recommend for real time protection: Netcraft and/or Malwarebytes
13. Nano Adblocker or uBlock Origin are amazing adblocking extensions
14. Always bookmark legitimate sites you frequently use especially banking sites. This helps you to stop falling prey to the fake & rogue sites
posing as the authentic one.

Also important aspects to consider: UAC set to Always Notify & backup software like Aomei Backupper or Macrium Reflect.

~LDogg

Reactions: harlan4096

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@ItsReallyMe:

• Device Firewall 3rd-party Firewall - Network security provided by a trusted vendor: SmartScreen disabled?
  • No personal info/documents backup and/or Image System BackUp tool?

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Yes and no
You can hold files on 2nd partition however some virus can atack backup files to destroy/harm it
So that why i offer hold backup on enxternal disk which you conect only during backup or restore from by using rescue disk which is mostly included in backup solution.

Reactions: FrFc1908

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
thanks for sharing your config! you could also consider a " system wide " image software like rollback rx home , which is free of charge. you can make snapshots of your system drives and quickly revert back to one of your made snapshots in litterally second and a reboot. it is bassically a virtual enviornment that the program creates and nice to have besides a normal backup software like macrium reflect free or aomei backupper free.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Now i fixed it
Barely. You have made no attempt at providing details about utilising which Kaspersky Total Security features. KTS includes File Backup on top of Kaspersky Internet Security's (VPN and Safe Money). - Do you use any of these?

And what's with the random Capitalisation of "Kaspersky Protection" under Web Privacy, as if that's supposed to make a difference. It's an idiot's paradise.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@ItsReallyMe: in addition of @Spawn tips, please also kindly consider:
  • Please specify the exact number version of KTS, with the full name of the product.
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: ZAM Free.
  • As for "Disk Imaging Backup", You may add Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliably.
  • Consider also to run manual backups of important data to external devices.
  • As for "Web Privacy", You may add some browser extensions: and a VPN service.
  • Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here.
Thanks for sharing Your config :giggle:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.