J4YYy

Thread author
Oct 24, 2015
Hardware:
CPU: Intel i7 4770

RAM: 12GB

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (Main) / Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 970 OC

This is my current configuration. Im open to suggestions :)

Update Oct. 26.2015

Sandboxie: Im gonna go in for a closer look. :)

Added:

- ESET Smart Security 9

Chrome and Firefox addon:
- WOT Web of Trust

Removed:

- Kaspersky Internet Security 2016

Update: Oct. 25.2015

Sandboxie: Im gonna go in for a closer look. :)

Added:

- Macrium Reflect Free
- Firefox (backup Browser)
- IObit Uninstaller

Removed:

- NONE

Thanks for all your suggestions :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

J4YYy

Thread author
Oct 24, 2015
Hey :) the reason why I dont run a backup software is because I have all my "important" data stored on my external Hard Drives.
But I guess I should take a look into it. Is there anything I should take into account if I setup a backup software? Thanks for suggestion :)

Reactions: frogboy

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Nice config! Thanks for sharring it :)
I would consider some type of backup solution such as the 2 free options suggested by @frogboy
You might consider an additional browser as a backup also.

Reactions: J4YYy

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Pretty fine configuration. :)

Just add a backup browser with same extensions use.

Snapshots are handy to restore any undo changes anytime especially if your System Restore fail.

Reactions: J4YYy
D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

Use a VM if you play with malwares

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello @J4YYy. Thank you for sharing your configuration. It looks to be well thought out which may indicate you have read more than just a few good posts here on MalwareTips.:) Furthermore Kaspersky I.S. is considered among the top security suites!

I would like to suggest trying Firefox as a secondary browser. Similarly to cars, even if you happen to prefer one over the other, there is no reason you can't have both (kind of like peanut butter & jelly) when each offers very different qualities of their own.;) Here's an article I've ejoyed which discusses just that Chrome vs Firefox - WikiVS
If you'd like to download Firefox you'll find a link beneath it's logo!:p

Whichever browser you use, as an advanced user you may already have experiences opening online sessions inside of a sandbox as an effective measure against unseen exposures to infection. If not, allow me to introduce Sandboxie. It is effective and it is free. Sandboxie - Download Sandboxie

Finally, welcome! It's nice to meet you on this wonderful site!:D

J4YYy

Thread author
Oct 24, 2015
It looks to be well thought out which may indicate you have read more than just a few good posts here on MalwareTips.:)

yep, u got me :p I visit MalwareTips for quite some time as a Guest but yesterday I decide to become a Member :)

I updated my config and added a changelog. :D

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
ESET continues to be a favorite used in our own home, & along with your suite's sought after name there also comes a well deserved reputation for it's strengths in protections, performance, and current development.
In other words: An excellent choice!!:p:D

Reactions: J4YYy and LabZero
L

LabZero

Good setup.
ESS 9 seems improved especially in online banking and exploits protection.
Some bugs were reported, as "problems of filtering, cannot filter the http traffic".
I haven't tested it, hows it going?:)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I want HIPS and firewall configured correctly for best protection without having bunch of load on computer. Could you please tell best way to optimise set or export a setting file ?
Hello @aditya shinde, I see you are a new member. At the top of the page, and to the left, find & <click> on "Forums". From there you can find: New Member Introductions This shall be a good place to begin.;) After you have introduced yourself, for this thread was meant specifically for the OP (original poster) J4YYy, you shall then be able to post your own "Security Configuration" from here Security Configuration Wizard ; and we will be able to discuss your questions there.
Thank you.:)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.