Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Pro
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Symantec Endpoint Protection (on Windows 10)
Bitdefender Antivirus for Unics (on Linux=Debian sid)
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana AntiMalware, Malwarebytes AM
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
uBlock, Collusion for Chrome, Disconnect Search, HTTPS Everywhere, IP Whois & Flags Chrome & Websites Rating, Mailvelope.
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, Glary Utilities pro
File and Photo backup
AOMEI Backupper Standard
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper Standard
ا

الشمس

i have noticed that many configurations have more of plug-ins than actual installed software :confused:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Some type of backup solution and a privacy program such as CCleaner or Privazer if you dont already have one installed. Thanks for sharing your config :)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thanks for sharing a config of interest.:)
I agree with Warrior's and Exterminator20's wisdom to armor your system with backup life insurance ;)..in part because I've just made my 1st recovery disk thanks to the advice of another one of our helpful members & Macrium reflect!:p
To expound لشمس's observation how many members use more plug-ins/extensions than software,o_O ..."Hi, my name is Cats-.., and I'm addicted to using too many add-ons.:oops: ..but am cutting down their number to lessen tracking while speeding up my browsing!:cool: I use Disconnect Search (sometimes), HTTPS Everywhere. I like ublock, but use Adguard & Adbock Edge. How do you like Privacy Badger?? I have read warnings about cleaning :eek:registries and have heard of Auslogics, but have only gone so far with the fantastic CCleaner.:D

I suggest, adding to your browser:
..to sandbox your browser thus rendering unwanted changes to your system merely temporary:
  • Sandboxie free www.sandboxie.com Straight forward virtualization to protect your system. Downloads are recovered only if you choose. With your browser contained in a sandbox, you can test drive extensions before deciding which you'll wish to keep, and install w/o sandboxing, just as you'd need to perform all security patch updates and desired setting changes outside this layer of protection. Hm, do you think I might be a Sandboxie fan??:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jack Sparoow

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 11, 2014
good config! I also use 360 Total Security... ;)
thank's my brother!

Hi Jack Sparoow , Backup and Recovery u might like to try
Macrium Reflect Free
Aomei Backupper free
EaseUs Todo Backup free
All of which can backup to a portable hard drive,
Thank's for your reply!
i used EaseUs in the past, but now I don't need to use a backup programs.

good to see this config
Thank you ;)

Thanks for sharing a config of interest.:)
I agree with Warrior's and Exterminator20's wisdom to armor your system with backup life insurance ;)..in part because I've just made my 1st recovery disk thanks to the advice of another one of our helpful members & Macrium reflect!:p
To expound لشمس's observation how many of us members use more plug-ins/extensions than software,o_O "Hi, my name is Cats-.., and I'm addicted to using too many add-ons.:oops: ..but am cutting down their number to lessen tracking while speeding up my browsing!:cool: I use Disconnect Search (sometimes), HTTPS Everywhere. I like ublock, but use Adguard & Adbock Edge. How do you like Privacy Badger?? I have read warnings about cleaning :eek:registries and have heard of Auslogics, but have only gone so far with the fantastic CCleaner.:D

I suggest, adding to your browser:
..to contain your browser:
  • Sandboxie free www.sandboxie.com Straight forward virtualization to protect your system from unwanted changes. Downloads are recovered only if you choose. With your browser contained in a sandbox, you can test drive extensions before deciding which you'll wish to keep, and install w/o sandboxing, just as you'd need to perform all security patch updates and desired setting changes outside this layer of protection. Hm, do you think I might be a Sandboxie fan??:rolleyes:
Thank you very much! for your reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
ا

الشمس

How do you like Privacy Badger?? I have read warnings about cleaning :eek:registries and have heard of Auslogics, but have only gone so far with the fantastic CCleaner.:D

unfortunately no privacy badger for internet explorer :(

ccleaner for me too :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.