Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
Syshardener default settings
Periodic malware scanners
EEK, Zemana, NPE, KVRT
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome: uBlock origin, NoScript, Sticky Password extension and f secure extension
Firefox: uBlock origin, HTTPS everywhere, Sticky Password extension and f secure extension
Maintenance tools
Geek uninstaller
Wise Disk Cleaner Portable
File and Photo backup
EaseUS todo backup 11.5 Home
System recovery
EaseUS todo backup 11.5 Home
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
Computer specs
Dell inspiron 3576
i5-8250
8 GB DDR4
1TB hdd

jackwilli

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 1, 2019
I have made some changes to my last configuration as some softwares were causing issues.
1. Removed comodo firewall slowing down internet speed and creating issues with f secure.
2. Removed Macrium Reflect, caused problem with windows booting after recovery.
Some other minor changes and also hardened windows settings with syshardener portable. Please suggest if i need anything else to this config.

Last edited:

jackwilli

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 1, 2019
How do like ZAF? I've read it's difficult to uninstall/rid of the trash afterwards. Also, please specify SysHardener in custom settings. Why no UAC? Nice setup otherwise. (y)
Thanks for your view.
1. I didn't find ZAF difficult to uninstall as i installed it on other laptop with Avast free but uninstalled it as i got kaspersky 3 months trial no trash was left with geek uninstaller.
2. It takes time to dim my laptop screen. It is UAC enabled. Please check both settings are same but second one doesn't dim desktop.

Attachments

• 001_.png
    001_.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 329
  • 002_.png
    002_.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 357

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Thanks for your view.
1. I didn't find ZAF difficult to uninstall as i installed it on other laptop with Avast free but uninstalled it as i got kaspersky 3 months trial no trash was left with geek uninstaller.
2. It takes time to dim my laptop screen. It is UAC enabled. Please check both settings are same but second one doesn't dim desktop.

OK, I never realized that part of the setting description in UAC.

jackwilli

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 1, 2019
Please kindly specify main version umber of F-Secure and ZAFW. A VPN service would be welcome (if necessary).

Thanks for sharing :giggle:
I forgot to add vpn in this post and as i said above, i have freedome vpn installed. F secure versions are:
F Secure SAFE 17.4
Antivirus 17.215.129
Family Rules 2.215.7452.4118

For ZAF
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall version: 15.4.062.17802
Vsmon version: 15.4.52.17711
Driver version: 15.1.29.17237

Reactions: Nevi and harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.