Jailbreak or not to jailbreak

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Many years ago when I had an iPhone & iPad i used the Jailbreak.It was really the only way to get any control over your phone or iPad.
Similar to rooting an Android phone but with far less options available to you.If it was years ago I would say Jailbreak it however I could not advise you on it at this time.
As for the security issues I could not say one way or another but I am sure if Apple is saying this then I would I would be inclined to think it is to discourage Jailbreaking their devices.
Of course if you are giving it some consideration then you should research it especially if you are new to the process. IMO this would be the best place to give you some help iOS Jailbreak (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch!) • /r/jailbreak

Reactions: Appetite

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Only minimal programs needs to Jailbreak but your productivity task and other stuffs can work flawlessly without it.

If insist then always make a backup and read the instructions carefully to avoid troubles. However Jailbreaking tools may provide some issues where usually happens through unexpected operation as after the process, complications might occur when you use that smartphones daily.

JasmineJasmine

Mar 5, 2016
I have a jailbroken iPhone 5S and it works wonderfully. However, i'm a relatively tech-savvy person. Their are certainly some inherent risks to jailbreaking - it could effect security, stability and battery life. However, this all depends on the tweaks you chose to install and how much time you are willing to invest in to customizing your phone in such a way that it suites your needs without compromising it. I install a limited number of tweaks with the purpose of enhancing iOS and the benefits far outweigh the costs. For anyone considering jailbreaking, understand that it is reversible and there's really no way to "brick" your iPhone (it can always be restored). As for the warranty being invalidated, I've had my iPhone serviced while jailbroken and the employee at the Apple store said nothing about it. Maybe that's just my luck, but I've never had an issue. As for jailbreak apps, for those who are curious, my favorites are IntelliscreenX, BiteSMS and AppLocker. Check them out for yourself.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

IMO it's not worth it, your device will have serious security problems and holes.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.