Jailed Russian says he hacked DNC on Kremlin's orders and can prove it

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
To refresh our memory, with the sight to be better informed:

How is Assange “1,000 percent” certain Russia didn’t hack DNC? : on thehill.com: How is Assange “1,000 percent” certain Russia didn’t hack DNC?
- By David Weisberg, contributor - 01/06/17 11:40 AM EST (yes, January 6, 2017)

Toward the end of the campaign for president, WikiLeaks leaked many thousands of emails from the accounts of the Democratic National Committee and John Podesta, the chairman of the Clinton campaign.
Those emails presented a very unflattering picture of the inner workings of the Clinton campaign and the DNC.
The Obama administration believes that the emails were originally hacked by agents of the Russian government to damage the Clinton campaign and enhance the chances of a Trump victory. President-elect Trump has been very skeptical of those claims, insisting that the administration and the intelligence community could be mistaken.
WikiLeaks is a self-described “multi-national media organization” that “specializes in the analysis and publication of large datasets of censored or otherwise restricted official materials[.]” ...

Mr. Hannity asked whether Mr. Assange and WikiLeaks could assure the American people “one thousand percent” that they “did not get [the leaked emails] from Russia or anybody associated with Russia?”
Mr. Assange gave what, on close examination, seems to be a very careful, well-rehearsed, and lawyerly answer to the question: “We can say, we have said repeatedly over the last two months, that our source is not the Russian government and it is not [a] state party.”
The Hill reported that, very soon after Assange gave this answer, President-elect Trump tweeted: “[Assange] said Russians did not give him the info.” ...

... In the course of his interview with Hannity, Assange asserts: “[T]here is one person in the world — and I think it’s actually only one — who knows exactly what is going on with our publications … And that’s me.”

my-name-is-seth-rich-but-you-probably-know-me-as-russia.png

Hi-my-name-is-seth-rich-but-you-probably-know-me-as-russia.png - image from me.me
- and he's dead now... murdered.
His name was Seth Rich... "He was a DNC insider, not a Russian hacker."

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.