Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

Not so fast, :eek:

Quality is suspect... but thanks anyway Umbra, I'm gonna work on it!
So far privacy and cache cleaning by CCleaner and Malwarebytes free for on demand scans :p
I just added "HTTPS everywhere" for Firefox / Opera

I havent done anything with Antivirus yet, the factory or refurbished settings have (2011 Norton disabled limbo) alongside the Windows Defender. It's been a couple months, time is near for a change of pace.:)

Last edited:

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Very nice @JakeXPMan!:):) I'm confident you'd secured it with a super deal.;) My wife wanted to know where you found it after I'd mentioned you're sporting a new refurbished HP with Windows 7!:p

I'll recommend adding HTTPS Everywhere to encrypt communications (where available) HTTPS Everywhere which I just now happened to do for Firefox (on linux).:cool:

Once again, nice new desktop. Way to go!:D

Edit: The banner below speaks for itself, but here's a link for Sandboxie too which includes videos, reviews, and tutorials, as well as the free program download itself!;)

Update
Installed HTTPS everywhere addon on both Firefox Opera. Thanks Cats!
Downloaded Sandboxie!

Oh your wife, hello missus.

You can find lots of good PC deals online :)

I got it with a ''buy it now'' from eBay,... $49.99 + 20 to ship. Now the CPU/GPU are for basic PC use, but works great for stuff like youtube or simple app games. It had 500 GB HDD 2.0 Athlon II CPU and 3GB RAM with recovery partition Windows 7. So it was just what I needed and the price was more then good.

The was a budget model, and retailed at $401$
3 out of 5 stars on Cnet.

and found one on eBay for $50$ in 2015 :)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Update
Installed HTTPS everywhere addon on both Firefox Opera. Thanks Cats!
Downloaded Sandboxie!

Oh your wife, hello missus.

You can find lots of good PC deals online :)

I got it with a ''buy it now'' from eBay,... $49.99 + 20 to ship. Now the CPU/GPU are for basic PC use, but works great for stuff like youtube or simple app games. It had 500 GB HDD 2.0 Athlon II CPU and 3GB RAM with recovery partition Windows 7. So it was just what I needed and the price was more then good.

The was a budget model, and retailed at $401$
3 out of 5 stars on Cnet.

and found one on eBay for $50$ in 2015 :)
I'm going to quote my wife as her words reflect my thoughts exactly:

"Wow!!:):) What a :eek:Deal!!!".;) :D:D:D

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I'm going to quote my wife as her words reflect my thoughts exactly:

"Wow!!:):) What a :eek:Deal!!!".;) :D:D:D

Yeah it not bad, the humble PC specs are why it was snatched up quickly,... and I got it. It runs very fast though, it has a very good motherboard, low watt but still soild CPU and good amount of RAM.

I have 1.7GB left while running Windows 7, a movie, and firefox with add ons. Runs smoothly, no slowdowns. Boot up is only like 17 seconds long.

Get this Cat, it still smells new-like :)
The guy put fresh in the description, they wasn't kidding!

I never had a new smell with a PC before, thought that was cars... lol ;)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Yeah it not bad, the humble PC specs are why it was snatched up quickly,... and I got it. It runs very fast though, it has a very good motherboard, low watt but still soild CPU and good amount of RAM.

I have 1.7GB left while running Windows 7, a movie, and firefox with add ons. Runs smoothly, no slowdowns. Boot up is only like 17 seconds long.

Get this Cat, it still smells new-like :)
The guy put fresh in the description, they wasn't kidding!

I never had a new smell with a PC before, thought that was cars... lol ;)
*Laughing* :p:D Well, you won't have to buy new tires for it.

Now I'm jealous, JakeXPMan,
...though not quite green with envy because I'm excited & very happy for you!!:D

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
*Laughing* :p:D Well, you won't have to buy new tires for it.

Now I'm jealous, JakeXPMan,
...though not quite green with envy because I'm excited & very happy for you!!:D

I'm sure you get the most from your PC machines, and its about time the jealous is on the OTHER side lol.

and thank you, I bet your PC's get spoiled with great programs and care ;) hah.

D

Deleted member 178

Not so fast, :eek:

Quality is suspect... but thanks anyway Umbra, I'm gonna work on it!
So far privacy and cache cleaning by CCleaner and Malwarebytes free for on demand scans :p
I just added "HTTPS everywhere" for Firefox / Opera

I havent done anything with Antivirus yet, the factory or refurbished settings have (2011 Norton disabled limbo) alongside the Windows Defender. It's been a couple months, time is near for a change of pace.:)

you are still protected with MBAM + NIS (even if not activated), the point of my stamp ;)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I agree with @Umbra that you are protected @JakeXPMan with what you have, especially while browsing in a sandbox!;)
Perhaps you might choose to update the version of your trial,o_O & you wouldn't have to wait for them. Today, in fact, I'd started their 30 day trial for Norton Security 2015 here:
..and I can already tell you now, I'll be keeping it!:):)

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I'm sure you get the most from your PC machines, and its about time the jealous is on the OTHER side lol.

and thank you, I bet your PC's get spoiled with great programs and care ;) hah.
"..about time the jealous is on the OTHER side.." made me laugh a lot!!:D
Thanks for the compliments which come from one whom keeps the Spirit, if not the use, of XP alive & in your name.;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.