Windows Defender, Reason Core Security (Trial), McShield
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
ESET Online Scanner, Reason Core Security, Hitman Pro
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Vivaldo Browser (Extensions: Ublock Origin, FaceSnoop and Avira Browser Security)

Google Chrome (Extensions: Ublock Origin and FaceSnoop)
Maintenance tools
CCleaner
File and Photo backup
Built in Windows 10 Backup
System recovery
Built in Windows 10 System Image

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
My Samsung Ultrabook works well but the tear level of the monitor itself is already unstable; + it will take a months for such repair and needed urgently for doing a thesis, also for multi tasking method since that's the thing to save for workload time.

Main Specifications Overview:

Microprocessor 2 GHz AMD Quad-Core A8-6410 APU with Radeon R5 Graphics
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)
Video Graphics AMD Radeon R5 Graphics
Display 14" diagonal HD BrightView WLED-backlit (1366 x 768)
Hard Drive 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c04462885 (For more details)

Also I've not been infected by these setup, since I'm dealing a lot for programming habits; near fact common sense save me alot.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Nice config.

btw, is it HTTP everywhere or HTTPS everywhere?

Typo error, I thought you will understand that already. :)

Is it fast enough "15 watt amd a8 6410"?

Yes, A8 of AMD can be compared to Intel I3 Processor but to be fact Intel still better in terms of processor built.

Nice setup. Only thing I'll like to tell is that windows defender doesn't offer 100% protection.

Absolutely right, as long you deal on common viruses that accidentally encounter then that's not the problem. :)

Reactions: tonibalas

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
You have a strong config especially since you are <<using>> common sense:p:D, i have just one suggestion add a second browser ( beside IE) in case you have a problem with Opera.
Thanks for sharing.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Mmm ... I do not know if it's good configuration.

Let's make one thing ... mmm ... I'll take your computer for 2 or 3 years to prove it and then i tell you. ok ? ;):p

Let's see ;) if my habits on doing in my computer still the same. :D Be sure to watch any threads that can be connected to an issue for my laptop except hardware which can be unpredictable even how careful may happen.

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
I would have replaced WD on Microsoft System Center Endpoint Protection Client
image.jpg

Win7_SCEP_Managed_Home.png

Differences SCEP from MSE and WD:
1). SCEP is a separate icon in the system tray in real time, and customizable settings, and two others are not (MSE system tray there, but you can not use it in Windows 8).
2). WD Windows 8 is updated every 24 hours, and SCEP - once in 8 hours.
3). WD has no right to a manual scan, SCEP has the right to scan your system manually.
4). SCEP requires authentication system unlike MSE.
5). SCEP may enhance the effect of the use of firewall Windows.
6). SCEP updates subscribe to a few hours later than MSE, to ensure that no false positives.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.