Jan's OnePlus 3T config

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Thats my config for the moment. I use Norton security for android because it has a funktion that scans apps from playstore without u need to install them. Its something no other vendor has and thats a big + for me. I dont need to download the app. Just go to playstore and norton shows me if its clean/malware/adware/data risky or something. it is working realy well at the moment. I wait for the OnePlus 5 to be realeased, that will be my new phone or the new Asus AR that comes out soon.

great day to all. :)

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Hey Jan, you've got one of the best UX phone available :)
Nice browser+content filtering combo.
Do you use the default 'Find My Device' or a 3rd party anti-theft app? Won't they need Location to be ON (for your setup)?
I've tried a few apps that can remotely turn on location, like 'Anti-theft Droid SMS' and 'Anti-theft Droid Web', in case you want to check them out.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Hey Jan, you've got one of the best UX phone available :)
Nice browser+content filtering combo.
Do you use the default 'Find My Device' or a 3rd party anti-theft app? Won't they need Location to be ON (for your setup)?
I've tried a few apps that can remotely turn on location, like 'Anti-theft Droid SMS' and 'Anti-theft Droid Web', in case you want to check them out.
Hello, i do not use anti-theft at all. I feel no need for it at the moment. I am realy carefull with my phone/laptop etc and until now i never forget anything, anywhere. I realy dont know exactly how the anti-theft futures are working. My gf has one with eset security and it alrdy worked for her. Maybe in the future i will add one. Will have a look at the apps u listend there, thanks. :)

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Great config. I honestly do not usually find the need to run an AV in a non-rooted phone with downloads only from Play Store. Google is cautious and infections at very rare.
Anyways better to prevent than to remediate :)

Reactions: Janl1992l

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Great config. I honestly do not usually find the need to run an AV in a non-rooted phone with downloads only from Play Store. Google is cautious and infections at very rare.
Anyways better to prevent than to remediate :)
Oh, forgot to mention that the phone is rooted. :D But i still download apps only from google play. dont even know why its rooted, maybe because im just a little nerd and love things like that. :D I use the av not for malware but more to see wich app is data risky without need to read all the permissions.

Reactions: Parsh and brod56

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Update: Installed a custom rom (LineageOS). Still the same settings as listend.

Reactions: ttto

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Update: Installed a custom rom (LineageOS). Still the same settings as listend.
Official and stable? I see nightly builds for many phones but yours may be an exception ;)
How do you like the UI of Lineage against the stock one? I liked stock 3T UI very much already.

Reactions: ttto and Janl1992l

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Official and stable? I see nightly builds for many phones but yours may be an exception ;)
How do you like the UI of Lineage against the stock one? I liked stock 3T UI very much already.
Well, the UI from the original is better in my opion. But i use SquareHome 2 as Launcher. Its like a better version from a windows phone :D I can t help me but i love the win10 look and now my android looks much similar. The main reason for switch to this OS is it handles the batterie way better and u have more hours left, not like the original. The camera app inbuild is better too thats another reason i use this os instead of the original. i havnt look true all the option until now so i cant write much about it at this moment. It seems realy stable so far. By the way, its a nightly build and not a official stable one.

Reactions: Parsh and ttto

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.