Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Get Jarvis: spectresystems/jarvis

Jarvis is an Alfred alternative for Windows 10.

Features
  • Search for installed Win32 and UWP applications.
  • Search for user documents.
  • Search on Google.
  • Search on Wikipedia.
Jarvis is designed to not require elevated user privileges at any time, and will only index things available in the current user's scope. Indexed data is never transmitted over the internet.

It is currently under development, and all features are not there yet. Pull requests are currently only accepted for things like performance/memory optimizations and bugs at the moment until everything's more stable. If there's a feature that you would like to see in Jarvis, then please submit an issue.

Link: Overall Thoughts by WindowsCentral
Jarvis brings a simple search feature that's a fan-favorite on Macs to Windows 10. It pops up using an easy keyboard shortcut and searches through apps and files well. The app is only in preview so I won't give it a rating, but I'm extremely impressed with it. If you're looking for a way to Mac-ify your PC for searching your computer, Jarvis is the way to go.

As development continues, I'd like to see some more customization options for the UI. There are people who are unhappy with Windows search that I would think would enjoy Jarvis, but they might want it to fit in more when it comes to Windows 10's design language.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Brilliant thanks for the share. I love spotlight on MacOs so I'll be keeping an eye on this project.

Reactions: vtqhtr413
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.