Java Release Patch to Fix Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

madyrocksin

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012
According to the security bulletin Oracle released, this patch addresses the following:

These vulnerabilities may be remotely exploitable without authentication, i.e., they may be exploited over a network without the need for a username and password. To be successfully exploited, an unsuspecting user running an affected release in a browser will need to visit a malicious web page that leverages this vulnerability. Successful exploits can impact the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of the user's system.

Java Downloads

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I updated mine this morning.

Ayanami

Jan 14, 2012
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Java-Users-Still-Not-Safe-Experts-Report-New-Vulnerability-to-Oracle-Exclusive-289249.shtml

“When combined with some of the Apr 2012 issues, the new issue (number 32) reported to Oracle today allows to achieve a complete JVM sandbox bypass in the environment of latest Java SE 7 Update 7 (version that was released on Aug 30, 2012).”

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.