JavaScript Malware – a Growing Trend Explained

Andra Zaharia

From Heimdal
Thread author
Verified
Jun 29, 2015
JavaScript malware has been building up as a trend for a few years, but in these past 6 months it's surfaced as a trending attack vector.

I've seen users on the forum share news about:
And while these threats are easy to understand by cyber security researchers, not everyone has the same background.

For those who want to understand how a JavaScript malware infection happens, I tried to build a guide that explains it clearly. I even included a graphic to help put things into perspective.

You can find the guide here:
JavaScript Malware – a Growing Trend Explained for Everyday Users

Any feedback would be helpful, because I'm sure that the guide can be improved one way or another.

Hopefully, this will come in handy for those eager to understand how JavaScript malware works and especially how to get some reliable protection against it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.