jen900 configuration

jen900

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2014
If you have used AVG in the past then you will have the two Visual Studio 2012 x86/x64 redist. programs, as seen in your screenshot provided. I've also seen this on a VM system where I have only installed AVG Free AV, but was not removed after uninstallation.
so can I used a avg removal tool on it? or something else I cannot detect what to Uninstall?

Reactions: Manzai

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Remove these two that have been highlighted.
Untitled.png

Not tested to see if the AVG removal tool does uninstall them.

Reactions: jen900

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
can I ask is my programs are to many or it is ok 10.1 gb

Too much bloat I'd say :D

I tend to install programs that I use, like maybe once in a month or so..

Mostly I use portable softwares.

now some pop app shows in my desktop by this software

I'd recommend you to run a scan by MalwareBytes and clean up your system.

Mobogenie is not easy to be removed...

Reactions: Ink and NSG001

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
For those wondering what are these "Windows Studio Redistributable" packages by AVG, here's what I found :

http://forums.avg.com/us-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=217306

From what I can understand, these are the real packages, but updated by AVG instead of Microsoft via the Windows Updates. They do not seem to be needed for AVG to function properly however. This would need to be verified. I could test it in a VM if needed.

Reactions: jen900

sid_16

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
2 cents. from a n00b, looks nice set up but doesn't seem to have in a 21 years old girl's system. My bad!:p:D

jen900

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2014
For those wondering what are these "Windows Studio Redistributable" packages by AVG, here's what I found :

http://forums.avg.com/us-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=217306

From what I can understand, these are the real packages, but updated by AVG instead of Microsoft via the Windows Updates. They do not seem to be needed for AVG to function properly however. This would need to be verified. I could test it in a VM if needed.
Can you test for me?

Reactions: Manzai

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Computer Knowledge: Advanced
Last known malware infection: Never

You just had an issue with some Adware. o_O

Reactions: Kent and Oxygen

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Computer Knowledge: Advanced
Last known malware infection: Never

You just had an issue with some Adware. o_O

I guess people understand now why I ask people what makes them say that their Computing Knowledge is Advanced.

Reactions: Oxygen

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I guess people understand now why I ask people what makes them say that their Computing Knowledge is Advanced.

It could mean that they know the theory concepts intact but not practical

It could also mean they know how to clean their PC's even after getting an infection, instead of getting tech support.

Reactions: avast! Protection

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
It could mean that they know the theory concepts intact but not practical

It could also mean they know how to clean their PC's even after getting an infection, instead of getting tech support.

Knowing how to take care of your own system should be the basics to be honest. Being able to do more than over and also being able to take care of other people systems, and adjust yourself to their config is a bit different. Also, knowing the theory is good, but without the practical experience, kind of useless if you ask me. Anyway, just my opinion.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Knowing how to take care of your own system should be the basics to be honest. Being able to do more than over and also being able to take care of other people systems, and adjust yourself to their config is a bit different. Also, knowing the theory is good, but without the practical experience, kind of useless if you ask me. Anyway, just my opinion.

Honestly it depends.

Some people are great in programming, so in that case their computer knowledge respective to their category is advanced

Another set of people are great in networking, some in database manipulation and another set is good with tech support.

You cannot see someone who's good in all these categories and the many more that I haven't mentioned. I think you get the idea.

Computer knowledge is a broad concept.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.