2s9jymOt.jpg

all is covered

Reactions: Kent and Shadowave

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
One recommendation: consider adding a ad blocker: uBlock Origin, AdblockPlus, Adguard. I have better results with AdblockPlus and Adguard than uBlock in terms of blocking ads and rendering the pages.
The above are for Chrome and Firefox only tho.
EDIT: it seems Adguard works for Edge too but I have not tried myself.

Other than that, how is your ESET Smart Security 9 settings in terms of HIPS (Host Intrusion Protection System)? Considering you have set as Basic Computer Knowledge, I suggest the settings for HIPS to be Smart Mode (Only suspicious system events trigger a notification beyond the set of pre-defined rules in Automatic mode (operations such as system registry, active processes and programs).

Or go Learning mode and once it expires switch to Smart Mode.

For more info in how to set, go here.

Reactions: XhenEd

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Robust config. Nothing important to add. Acronis True Image is a very good choice of a backup application.
Make sure you have a clean, full system image, created with Acronis True Image, so that you may restore your system to the exact state it was in when you created that system image.

Optional suggestion: Just like @Inkurax suggested, consider adding some sort of advertisement blocker, such as uBlock Origin, which is my current personal preference. (uBlock Origin offers much better performance compared to most of its counterparts, but some people have reported bugs in the rendering of webpages using this adblocker)

As far as other suggestions are concerned, other members in this thread already posted some good ones. ;)

Thanks for sharing your config with us!

Last edited:
I

illumination

Your configuration looks really good. With the suggestions above, you could get away with just using the "Reader View" functionality on Firefox and Edge to remove ads from pages. With Chrome maybe consider and adblocker. All in all, you have basics covered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kent

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Everything are well covered, no need to mess the settings of HIPS from ESET at the moment but if insist to try then make sure to check out various information here and other sources. It needs an overall tweaks to enhance it. ;)

You may add additional on demand scanner like Hitman Pro or Zemana AM.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Looks very good! I can't add more than what is already said, so hopelfully the advice of the other helps to improve it even more :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Nice Config! Other than considering some of the suggestions already made there is nothing to add.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.