Jun 8, 2019
Windows Edition
Home
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Windows Defender +Configure Defender > High + OSArmor ( default settings)
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
I did not change anything.
Periodic malware scanners
EEK, Hitman Pro.Zeman Free.
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Mozilla Firefox - VTzilla ,Privacy Possum, UBlock Origin,BitDefender TrafficLight.
Microsoft Edge- Privacy Possum, UBlock Origin ,BitDefender TrafficLight.
Maintenance tools
Revo Uninstaller Pro 4 , Wise Disk Cleaner, Reg Organizer 8.04, Kerish Doctor.
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect Pro.
System recovery
external drive.
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
Computer specs
Asus X551 CA.204
Procesor- Intel i3-Core 3217u
CPU@1.80 GHz
RAM 4GB
Dysk HD500

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Lovely use of Privacy Possum, does what 3 extensions can do in one! As with other configs unless you know WFW off by heart use a piece of software like Tinywall (or recommended other) to stop various threats below:
  1. Ransomware- Some ransomware must contact the C&C server before any encryption can take place. So, you get an outbound connection alert when ransomware runs. Block it and it won't be able to harm your data.
  2. Keyloggers- They can log almost anything. Problem occurs when the recorded data is transmitted to the cyber criminals who can misuse it. Damage can be prevented if you stop any malicious connection to happen from your end.
  3. Remote Access Trojan (RAT): Some RATs will operate by injecting directly into a legitimate Windows process like svchost, using this to connect out instead of some other executable that can be grossly apparent. Firewalls will not only block the hollowed process from connecting out, but they do it silently with any user input.
The name of the game to fame from @Evjl's Rain extensions tests seems to sway towards Bitdefender Trafficlight, but this is completely you own judgement if you wish to stay with the Malwatebyte's security extension, even though I found it's CPU browser usage much high than others, plus there is a lot of false positives.

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.